Van Halen's A Different Kind Of Truth,US vsEU vs JP SHM-CD.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by EddieVanHalen, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm a huge van Halen fan and I bought all the versions available of this album, The US The DeLuxe Edition with the the DVD, the Europeand version (the CD looks very good and well pressed, very shiny, heavy, an iten well manufactured) and the Japanese SHM-CD.
    I'm quite sure they all come from the same mastering (I doubt they did a different mastering for Japan), but t while the US and European sound very compress, the Japanese sounds different, yes, it's sounds compresd, but it's more easier to my ears.
    I wonder if quality pressings like SHM-CD can make the sound better of a same mastering released on other territoties.
    I
    I'd would appreciate your opinions regarding on that matter.
    Thanks in advance.

2. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Bumping this, because I too am interested to know. I would accept even something slightly better than what we have as the songs are fab, sound not so great. Vinyl is ok (via needledrop) but prices asked are just out of line.

Too bad these songs never made it to Guitar Hero or Rock Band, then some kid could create a non brickwalled ultimate version ala Death Magnetic. :)

Dorian75 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.