VAN Morrison cd Still on Top - The Greatest Hits 3 cd set any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fitzysbuna, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomd

tomd Senior Member

From what I read on Music Tap it was said that this Moondance was not remastered compared to the 80s U.S. version but still sounds that way do to the way the master tape was transferred (that's their words not mine).I have it and I definately prefer the higher resolution of the Japanese version as well as the tambourine mix-would love to see it issued as an SHM Japanese disc though :love:

2. tomd

tomd Senior Member

3. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

In fact Musictap said it was remastered:

http://www.musictap.net/Reviews/2008/September/MorrisonVanJapaneseRemastersCD.html

Edit: Sorry, you were posting while I was typing.

4. tomd

tomd Senior Member

The bigger question should be if we can get Steve's vinyl remasters of these albums and there are Japanese cd remasters why aren't there U.S. cd remasters BY NOW? :realmad:

5. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

well...

I bought the 3CD set to get more acquainted with Van's music post-1972, and was able to find it quite cheaply..maybe $12 at the most. (Not $7, but what the hey!)

Haven't done any sonic comparisons with the older discs (Moondance, Dominic's for example) but I bought it for the tracks I didn't know. (I've always got the original WB CDs for the ones I *do* know.) :)

6. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

I have the two cd version. I'll be interested to read your thoughts on the mastering. It sounds to me likw the remastered Very Best of is a tad lower in volume than Still on Top but not as full sounding. JMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.