Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece vinyl - Polydor

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Solace, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solace

Solace Forum Resident Thread Starter

While we wait (and wait...) for Van/Legacy to release his back catalogue on vinyl, I was wanting to check out Veedon Fleece. I've read from folks here that original pressings are hard to get in good shape so I was thinking to try the 1989 Polydor or 1987 Warners pressings. Any views on how they sound?

2. Solace

Solace Forum Resident Thread Starter

3. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Well, I’ll say this. After having similar bad luck finding a quiet playing copy of Hard Nose The Highway, I tried a 1987 WB reissue (sealed if I recall) and it plays perfectly quietly. As to overall sound quality I’ve never bothered to compare, and I haven’t played in a very long time so I can’t comment. BTW the reissue does away with the flip back cover (which would not be an issue for Veedon Fleece).

Solace likes this.
  4. wbhendrix

wbhendrix Forum Resident

Finally this album is being recognized for the masterpiece it is!

Vinyl me please is making it record of the month! Green Pressing looks beautiful, I cannot wait for this!

Vinyl Me, Please

5. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Yeah,the Vinyl Me Please looks great in green. This album always made me think green anyway. The WB trees label would have looked even better though.

Veedon Fleece used to be hard to find but in this past year I've run across a few from $10-15. I paid $12 for a real clean original.

dee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.