Varese Sarabande Selling CDR's? It Looks That Way

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Malina, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malina

Malina Forum Resident Thread Starter

I bought Best Of TV Quiz & Game Show Themes on Ebay and there was no security strip or hype sticker and the rear insert looked like ink jet so I opened it and there was a cdr in there. I also bought the Varese American Breed best of collection and same thing - no security or hype sticker, ink jet rear insert. I haven't opened this one yet but I know what's in there. Just checked out the booklet - also ink jet and the staples are not lined up with the fold and there is a set of holes with no staple in there that was apparently removed - now that's funny! :laugh:

Soundtrack - Best Of TV Quiz & Game Show Themes - Amazon.com Music

The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me: The Best of The American Breed - Amazon.com Music

2. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

That always sucks. Thanks for the heads-up.

3. Malina

The American Breed is a cd and the booklet looks like normal quality as well, that's good.

4. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Eccchhh!

Did the EBay posting state that they were selling a CD-R?

If not, couldn't you claim you were sold an item that was described incorrectly ?

5. Malina

That won't be a problem. The seller is legit, I've purchased from her before on Amazon a few times. I just hope she says keep it, a cdr is a good deal if it's free. Prepaid return label fine, make me go to the post office to return - not cool.

lightbulb likes this.
  6. Remote Control Triangle

Remote Control Triangle Forum Member Rated 6.8 By Pitchfork

You're surprised that the "Best of TV Quiz & Game Show Themes" Cd is a CD-R? lol

7. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

Maybe if it were on some dumpy little label, but Varese has been putting out quality reissues for decades.

lightbulb and Malina like this.
  8. Malina

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

lightbulb likes this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Given that both titles are long out of print, I do not believe that Varese Sarbande is selling CD-Rs. I think your supplier is sourcing from a counterfeiter, or doing the counterfeiting herself.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Malina and ivan_wemple like this.
  10. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

That would be my assumption as well. I have that Quiz & Game Shows cd (purchased when it was released -- call me a masochist for annoyingly catchy music) and it was not originally released as a cdr.

That being said, I know of at least one label that continued to "press" cds as cdrs after their initial runs ran out -- Henry Stone Music (might be more familiar to some as the home of T.K. Records).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.