Varese Vintage Records: 180 GRAM VINYL •LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITIONS •1,000 COPIES

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cary Mansfield, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cary Mansfield

Cary Mansfield Forum Resident Thread Starter

Coming In April for Record Store Day

It has been awhile since I last posted, but I am pretty excited about the three albums we are releasing for Record Store Day and I wanted to let everyone know.

180 GRAM VINYL •LIMITED COLLECTORS EDITIONS •1,000 COPIES

All albums feature the original album art.

The Zombies

The Zombies’ first U.S. album featuring the hits “She’s Not There” and “Tell Her No.” The album climbed to #39 on the Billboard pop chart in early 1965.

Track List:
    1 She's Not There
    2 Summertime
    3 It's Alright With Me
    4 You've Really Got A Hold On Me
    5 Sometimes
    6 Woman
    7 Tell Her No
    8 I Don't Want To Know
    9 Work 'n' Play
    10 Can't Nobody Love You
    11 What More Can I Do
    12 Got My Mojo Working

All Tracks Are Mono.

Small Faces
    There Are But Four Small Faces

The Small Faces' first American album There Are but Four Small Faces will be available for the first time on vinyl since its original release.

Anchored by the buoyant pop-psychedelia of their 1968 American Top 20 hit, “Itchycoo Park,” this album – comprising a trio of ’67 singles and key album tracks from the Small Faces’ first Immediate Records (UK) album – was essentially America’s belated introduction to one of the best, most widely influential British bands of the era.

All Tracks Are Stereo

Track List:
    1 Itchycoo Park
    2 Talk To You
    3 Up the Wooden Hills To Bedfordshire
    4 My Way of Giving
    5 I'm Only Dreaming
    6 I Feel Much Better
    7 Tin Soldier
    8 Get Yourself Together
    9 Show Me the Way
    10 Here Come The Nice
    11 Green Circles
    12 (Tell Me) Have You Ever Seen Me

The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. Soundtrack

The soundtrack to the “cult classic” spy-spoof series The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. available for the first time on vinyl.

The album features original music by Dave Grusin.

The TV show starred Stefanie Powers as U.N.C.L.E. agent April Dancer (a name suggested by Ian Fleming), and Noel Harrison as her partner, Mark Slate. It aired for one season, with 29 episodes, from September 16, 1966 to April 11, 1967.

Track List:
    1 The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    2 Shall We Gather At The Boat Dock
    3 Out Of The Frying Pan
    4 April
    5 Mother Muffin
    6 Movin’ On
    7 The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
    8 Sneaky Search
    9 Somewhere In Greece
    10 The Countess
    11 Bomb Scare
    12 Follow The T.H.R.U.S.H.

All Tracks Are Stereo

www.varesevintage.wordpress.com

2. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Hello Cary. I am certainly interested in the first two, but will Varese be using either analog tapes to create these or at least hi-res digital files? If so, given the reputation of your label and the fact that I no longer own either of those albums, I'll certainly try to grab 'em.

3. emmoashdad

emmoashdad Well-Known Member

Count me in for the first two titles as well.

4. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Are these being pressed by Rainbo? If not, I'm definitely interested in the first 2 titles and would probably snag the 3rd one on an impulse. It just seems like more and more companies are using Rainbo these days...

I'll only buy Rainbo pressings from Amazon where I can easily return them if they're crappy. My RSD stores would just make me eat 'em.

5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Cary, just wanted to say it was a shame that the Lovin Spoonful didn't consent to release that live material on your label awhile ago. Now no one will ever hear it.

6. AtcoFan

AtcoFan Senior Member

The Zombies
    Parrot album PA 61001 (Mono) / PAS 71001 (Stereo)
    Review 13 February 1965 - Same week as The Five Faces Of Manfred Mann, The Animals On Tour, Introducing Herman's Hermits and Petula Clark Downtown

The Zombies (Reissue)
    Parrot album PAS 71001 (Stereo)
    Review 11 August 1973 - Same week as Stevie Wonder Innervisions, Grand Funk We're an American Band, Blood, Sweat & Tears No Sweat and New York Dolls

13Feb65.jpg

11Aug73.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.