VH1 Legends - Eric Clapton

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Benjamin Edge, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident Thread Starter

I remember watching two distinct versions of VH1's Legends special about Eric Clapton. The original version had the late British journalist John Platt (1952-2001) narrating (he was an ardent fan of '60s music), while another version of said program that aired around 1998 had the actor William Baldwin (also Chynna Phillips' husband) narrating.

Whatever happened to the first version (with John Platt narrating)? I liked that version better because of his deep voice.

Each of the VH1 Legends specials has had a different narrator. For example, Aerosmith's Steven Tyler narrated the Led Zeppelin special; Sheryl Crow did the Elton John one; and Eddie Izzard (a British stand-up comic actor) did the David Bowie one, to name a few.

~Ben

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Who did the Queen special & the one on The Bee Gees.

Darryl

3. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident Thread Starter

That was also Baldwin (on the Bee Gees one). Henry Rollins did the Queen one, as well as the one for The Doors.

~Ben

4. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I've been looking for years to find the one on John Lennon (released to promote the 2000 Anthology IIRC).

Anyone seen that one online?

5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Where can you see these?

By the way, I like another new series, I believe called Rock Icons. I looked and a quick Google found that a Billy Corgan Episode is number 110 (?!?!?).

There's another series, I forget what it's called, British, that doesn't talk to the artists at all but instead these like BBC DJs talk about the band. Interesting still for bands you don't know much about, but not much depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.