Vincent SV236 MK

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by coltlacey1, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltlacey1

coltlacey1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, found one of these new in box the other day. From what I read it is supposed to be an exquisite amplifier. Looks like it pushes a heck of a lot of wattage aswell in comparison to many other tube amps which I thought was interesting. Does anyone have any input on this amplifier? I have been browsing the Yaqin Mb100 for awhile but obviously is much less wattage than this. Just after input and maybe what someone can tell me they think it would be worth being brand new still. Looks like awhile ago when they were being sold they retailed for about $2000.
    Also, it would appear these two amps may be extremely different. Still learning about the Vincent.

2. vinylkid58

vinylkid58 Forum Resident

The Vincent SV236mk appears to be a hybrid, with a transistor amp stage and a tube front end. Hence the large power rating.

jeff

3. coltlacey1

That's what I had been noticing. Not really what I am after i suppose. Don't need all the power truthfully and I was mainly searching for a straight tube amp which it appears this is not.

4. gingerly

gingerly Change Returns Success

The 236 is a GREAT amp. Not a full on tube amp, but a fantastic balance of what is best about both. What did you get it for, if you don't mind me asking...

5. coltlacey1

I have yet to purchase, I just saw it up for sale. I currently and running two Cerwin Vega AT15s. They shouldn't require much to run at all.

[​IMG]

6. mdelrossi

mdelrossi Forum Resident

Loving my Yaqin 100b.
    Changed a few coupling caps and rolled in some nos tubes.
    Running it with Totem Rainmakers now. Had yamaha s690II , Vandersteen 2c, and they all sounded great just different.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  7. coltlacey1

Yeah I think I'm still going to go with the yaqin. Just seems like more of something I would be interested in.

8. mdelrossi

mdelrossi Forum Resident

There's a Yaqin group on FaceBook, good info there.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  9. coltlacey1

You wouldn't by chance know someone or somewhere I can find more info on the yaqin mc-550c would you? I can't find much on it at all!

10. mdelrossi

mdelrossi Forum Resident

There are a lot of different tube amps available from China, http://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en if you want to get confused. :eek:
    Unless you've got some spare cash to gamble, I'd stay with models that you could get info about from actual people that have used them. Diyaudio.com, audiokarma.org and basic Google search will help.
    Chinese amps range from inexpensive project amps, good starting block to mod and get better performance from, to amps like Line Magnetic that have proven themselves to be excellent.

Good luck
    mdr

coltlacey1 likes this.
  11. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

coltlacey1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.