Vinyl/CD shopping in Maine

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Andrew, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

Might be along the southern coast for a few days this summer, mostly in the Ogunquit/Wells Beach area. Any worthwhile brick & mortar shops in the vicinity? How about Portland?

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. nickg

nickg Forum Resident

There's Bull Moose Music in Scarborough (just outside of Portland and there is one apparently in Portland) its their main place too if I remember correctly (it might just be the main shipping center, but they have a ton of stuff in there), I spent over an hour in there and found some neat stuff, and I could've spent more time if I didn't have friends with me. They have a locations section on their page that will tell where all of their stores are.

It's where I found my original CD pressing of The Moody Blues "Days of the Future Passed" and Steve's Buddy Holly remaster. Used but in great condition.

Have fun!

3. Surfin Jesus

Surfin Jesus New Member

another vote for bull moose music here :righton:

4. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored Thread Starter

Looks promising, will put the store location page in my suitcase. Thanks!

5. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Another vote for Bull Moose Music. They have a decent selection and the employees are quite knowledgeable.

If you are in southern Maine, you may also want to check out Bill O'Neil's House Of Rock And Roll in Saco. 207-283-1966 I haven't been to Bill's place for a while but he always has a nice inventory and is a great guy.

If you are in central or eastern Maine, check out Dr. Records in Orono and another Bull Moose location in Bangor.

6. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Another vote for Bull Moose...I like the Portsmouth NH one myself.

Chris

7. wahoo

wahoo New Member

go to bill o'neils house of rock and roll...give yourself time to look thru all the
    records and plenty of interesting cd's...he stocks plenty of new vinyl also...
    he's on the saco/scarboro line on route one.

8. doubleaapn

doubleaapn Forum Resident

I would also recommend The Record Connection in Waterville if you happen to be in central Maine. While the CD offerings are rather basic, they have a pretty decent vinyl section where I always seem to find a few goodies. Mighty friendly folks, too...

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.