Vinyl Kings - A New Beatles Album?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joseph, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph

Joseph Senior Member Thread Starter

I have been thoroughly enjoying a new album Vinyl Kings "A Little Trip".
    Possibly the best Beatles lp never made.

Great songs, musicians and sound. Anybody else have this?

For more info and ordering info see their web site:

http://www.vinylkings.com/alittletrip.htm

2. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

The least these guys could do, if they're going to call themselves The Vinyl Kings, is release their gem on vinyl ... :)

3. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Joseph...

I have the Vinyl Kings CD and it's a fun-filled Beatle sounding disc! I find that they sound a lot like another Beatle influenced group called "Klaatu"!

All in all, not a bad little tribute from a strange grouping of music folks. Who would think that the guy who produced most of Air Supply's big hits would get together with some of Nashville's finest to create this group and CD???

If you like the Beatles and you don't mind a little "borrowing" of Beatle guitar chords and rhythms...then this one is for you!

And although I rarely buy vinyl anymore, I agree with Tim Neely that a group called The Vinyl Kings should put out at LEAST a 45! I would buy that and put it in one of jukeboxes!

Chris C

4. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I hope it is as good as you say. I just dropped $17.95 ordering a copy.

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

They used to call themselves the Del Beatles until they got a few phone calls. I see them perform almost every time they play. Their live show consists of mostly Beatles covers and some semi-obscure British invasion stuff like the Creation, The Move, etc.

I tell you, these guys nail it. With eight musicians of this caliber on stage you get all the nuances of the tunes. he harmonies are spot on too. Michael Rhodes (bass) plays a Hofner through an Ampeg, Harry Stinson (drums) plays vintage 60's kits, etc... I work with these guys daily and love to pick their brains about stuff I missed out on. I always tell them I was born 30 years too late.

My only problem with the album is it sounds way too Nashville... you know clean and safe. The sounds are nice and pretty instead of dirty and brown like a real Beatles album sounds. Also, way too much bright digital reverb. Sounds almost 80's. The music is really good though.

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

There's another group of great studio musicians here that put together an album of British sounding music. I think these guys nailed it better than the Vinyl Kings. They're called the Idle Jets and you can get the CD at NotLame.Com. There's a couple of classics on both these albums. Worth looking in to.

7. PMC7027

The Vinyl Kings CD arrived yesterday, thanks for the tip. I'm really enjoying it. I'm partial to music with a 60's feel. It actually sounds like instruments playing music, not someone with a computer, synthesizer, and music making machines.

The opening track, "A Little Trip" perfectly captures the effect of The Beatles on Ed Sullivan, February 9, 1964.

If you like Beatles inspired music I also suggest you check out Beaten Path at http://www.beatenpath.com

They have released 2 CDs. One is a tribute to The Beatles with music inspired by and in their style, and the other is a John Lennon tribute.

8. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

If you REALLY want to hear a Beatles influenced band, get the Spongetones Cd "Beat and Torn".

TOTALLY Beatles 1964!!!!

9. PMC7027

Is it still in print?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.