Vinyl LP Picture Frame/Holder

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DanG, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street Thread Starter

I have been getting album cover fever. I blame this forum. All the neat album cover avatars. And the various threads on LP covers.

In leafing through my LP's I am coming across old album covers I'd forgotten, but really enjoy. Like my current avatar, Passport's Looking Thru.

This lead to thinking about hanging some of these up on the wall. Which lead to thinking about a frame that you could slip one cover out of, and a new one in, according to your fancy.

Which lead to remembering the Playing Now LP holder on the wall at Peaches, or Strawberries, can't remember....

Anyone here do this? Or know where I can find such a holder/LP frame?

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

http://www.albumframes.com/

Try also Bags Unlimited. The price should be about the same. I saw them for around $10-13. I intend to do the same thing soon.

3. DanG

Sckott, thanks for the link.

They even display Santana's first, one of the covers that made me start thinking about this! Definitely worth staring at- what do they call it when at first glance it appears to be one thing, but on looking further there are other images to be seen?

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Sublimital image? ;)

I love their sister site. It's a place where cover images feature hot chicks on album pics.

http://freespace.virgin.net/love.day/coverheaven/

I'd do it this way, but the Ms. would get VERY suspicious! Better just hang my Canadian Beatles and old Steely Dan Lps.

It's a really cool thing. I have a bathroom I've been decorating with old RCA signs and such. :) Trying to make a theme.... In the crapper with Nipper! ;)

5. DanG

Cover Heaven, indeed. There are so many LP's with a beautiful girl on the cover, it's become a fairly traditional thing. Classic stuff.

6. LtPepper

LtPepper Forum Resident

I recently got an LP cover frame from a store called Restoration Hardware. They also have a website you can purchase from.

Link to Album Frame

I currently have Sgt. Pepper on my wall.

7. Ere

Ere Senior Member

ALso, if you have a Kohl's near you, in their home decor dept they have plain black frames for album covers. I use 'em for my medium format photography since very few premade frames are square these days....

8. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I have nine of them on my wall, in our middle room where the all the music is. Some of the framed covers are Firefall's fist LP, Atlanta Rhythm Section's Champagne Jam, Bob Welch French Kiss picture disc (promo only) and the Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road Japanese picture discs.

The frames are pretty user friendly. If you get tired of looking at the same one's you can take 'em down and change them in a minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.