Vinyl Me Please May 2017 RotM: Fiona Apple - "Tidal"

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by djemar, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

Yep, you can re-signup anytime. I signed up for three months a few months ago, used one swap, canceled, ended up buying the record I swapped out for in the interim between cancelling and my "membership" actually ending (even after getting my final subscription record), and then signed up immediately when I saw they announced Tidal.

If you're hesitant to commit to the 3-month plan, take a look at the previous Records of the Month. You can swap any forthcoming RotM for any previous RotM that they still have available, and there are quite a few good ones in there. Ben Webster, Nina Simone, Wilco, Four Tet, Menomena, Black Sabbath, Big Bill Broonzy, My Morning Jacket, The Books, Beck...

And the one time I've had to exchange due to a pressing defect, they didn't make me jump through any hoops and immediately sent a replacement.

Michael Ries likes this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I got an email saying I get the $10 credit but see no such credit in my account info. Puzzled.

Do I indicate I want Fiona or do they know that?

3. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Mine took a half day or so to show up in my account.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  4. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Sure. I signed up to get the MMJ album, and also the Rage ATM variant, then cancelled.
    Signed up again when Gorillaz was announced.

The danger is if they sell out of subscriptions (like with Gorillaz) before you sign up again.

5. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I wonder if my wife could join for one month using my referral so we both score, cancel then keep doing that each time an album comes up that I want two copies of.

6. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Anyone know what the final digital rez is, in VMP's mastering process? Since this obviously made a lot of noise about the album, I'm wondering if an AAA company might do their own issue at some point.

7. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

The Site seem to be back and fully working again. So you can just use this link to sign up and get the credit

Vinyl Me, Please. The best damn record club.

And if you already signed up without using the referral just email [email protected] and give them that link ( h t t p :// fbuy.me/eUWE2) saying you wanted to use this referral but were not able to. The credit will show up on your account in their store.

8. Michael Ries

Here's a little article that talks about the reissue and mastering. Everything You Need To Know About Our Reissue Of Tidal — Vinyl Me, Please

Doesn't specify sample rate beyond "super high-res" if that's what you're looking for.

9. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

probably won't get that from them. you can shoot them an e-mail and see what they say.

surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but: this LP is pressed at GZ. they just kinda slipped that in there with their bizarre insult to audiophiles and jumbled language to indicate this actually isn't an AAA release.

Paully and John Brookbank like this.
  11. A sh1t show site. I gave up.

Vinyl Addict and John Brookbank like this.
  12. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

That was what I thought. but I figured I needed to jump on this before it sold out, and $29 seems like a good deal on a double LP 45 RPM of this Album. You won't see anything about the discount until after you sign up and receive a welcome email and then a referral confirmation email which reads:

Hey there,

We wanted to let you know we received your referral(s)! Any referrals now earn both the referrer and referee $10 in VMP Account Credit. This will be automatically applied to your next VMP account charge whether that be a member store purchase or membership renewal charge. All credits will be deducted from a purchase/subscription fee when the transaction occurs.

If you are curious about what credits you may have earned, visit the VMP Member Platform. Once signed in, click My Account and Account Credits will be displayed in the upper left corner.

Thanks for spreading the word!

The VMP Team[​IMG]

So it does work. Give it a whirl and, looking at the address it take you to, both you and Rich C will get a $10 credit

Vinyl Me, Please. The best damn record club.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  13. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

So I know VMP said this will be an exclusive release but do you think that just means in the double 45 format? This would seem to pave the way for a single LP release in the near future.

14. Michael Ries

That could be possible, but here's a quote from their article about the release:

Andrew: And before we go, since people will ask and insinuate, there are no current plans to do this reissue on the label’s side, right?

Cam: Correct. This reissue is coming out exclusively through Vinyl Me, Please.

15. CaseyJames

CaseyJames Relaxed Fit Jeans Vibe

That is what I'm sort of getting at. The label might not reissue it and VMP might have exclusivity, but maybe that is just for the 45 format. I have to wonder if some other label will be doing a 33 release in the not too near future. Of course, Tidal is almost 52 minutes, so a single LP release might be problematic.

16. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Licenses like these are usually Format specific (33rpm/45rpm etc) and usually for a specific period of time!

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

A lot of the mastering process ended up being more or less tape direct to a super high-res master, to plates at GZ, to the record people will get.
    Well...That could be better (not AAA), but it could be worse (4 Men With Access to the Released CD As a Master)

GentleSenator likes this.
  18. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Great y'all got me roped in on this.

Michael Ries likes this.
  19. Michael Ries

Quick heads up for anyone who signed up for Tidal this month through a referral code with a $10 credit and is looking to get the upcoming Sgt. Pepper reissue in vinyl. SPLHCB will be available in the May store (opens May 16th) for $39 so you could get it for $29 with the credit. This is not a unique pressing and is the same you would find at other stores.

strymeow likes this.
  20. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I don't even see the 1 month option. 3 mo, 6 mo and 1 yr.

21. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Must mean they're close to selling out of subs for the month.

They pull the 1-month option first. I'd say in the next day or two, they will close subscriptions and then you'll have to pay secondary sellers if you want to get Tidal.

22. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

I will say their unique Nina Simone pressing sounds very good (probably not AAA, but certainly doesn't sound "digital")....and it's quiet, flat vinyl. Not sure if it was pressed at GZ though.

23. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

And mention the Beatles at every opportunity.

Have we mentioned the Beatles on this page yet? (Sees the mention of Sgt Pepper in next month's store)
    WELL DONE.

FrixFrixFrix likes this.
  24. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

You dont think it is a bit excessive? Each page is littered with shameless "oh yeah...use my link" posts. You alone have posted yours at least 3 times. Pretty sure everyone saw it the first time.:righton:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  25. Michael Ries

I was just sharing since it's no secret that will be a popular release in these parts and could be a good use of the credit for those that signed up for the service through is thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.