Vinyl Me Please May 2017 RotM: Fiona Apple - "Tidal"

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by djemar, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Note, this thread lives in the 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' section of the forum...

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

3. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

This worked perfectly. I signed up yesterday for 3 months (1 month was not available) and got $10 reduction on total price. If anybody still want this lp and want to get $10 credit use anyone's link from above or use mine: Vinyl Me, Please. The best damn record club.
    I never used a record club like this before but this release was too tempting to resist... We'll see what the next releases are. Luckily I see that it's possible to swap for previous releases. That Wilco AM looks interesting to...

4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

It's strange that this thread was moved from "Music" to "Coupons, Discounts & Sales". I'd never look here for a vinyl release announcement.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  5. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Think they moved it due to all the Spam/coupon links.
    There should be a release thread in the Music section, then a seperate thread in the Coupons section for all the VMP Spam/coupons. :agree:
    Trying to see info on a new release, and all this thread does is get bumped with links. :shrug:

6. FrixFrixFrix

Got a shipping notification yesterday

mitchcortes and Davidmk5 like this.
  7. ScienceFriction

ScienceFriction Forum Resident

If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have known this was happening. This is a must have album for me, so I joined up for it. My copy shipped last night as well. I see I missed Gorillaz.. maybe there will be a general release black vinyl pressing of that in the future. Glad I didn't miss this album. I could definitely go for some more Fiona Apple releases.

e.s. likes this.
  8. mitchcortes

I don't know, for me as a newcomer to 'vinyl me please' I was glad to be able to use someones link for a discount. Maby there should be a separate thread or place between in forums for these kind of referral links because like me there are always new people who are glad to be able to use these.

I'm also in favor of a separate thread on the release itself.

FrixFrixFrix likes this.
  9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Same here , i was glad to use one as well ;)

10. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

How do the referral links work?? I've clicked on a bunch and I'm not seeing any $10 discounts when I try to subscribe.

11. mitchcortes

When you click on a link it directs you to the vinyl me please home page. When you subscribe you will get a notification afterwards that you received $10 which they then deduct from your subscription fee. It worked that way for me.

12. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Well yesterday morning I joined, trying to use one of the links provided here. Receipt shows a charge of $81 for 3 month subscription and I haven't received any email(at least yet), telling me I am getting any type of deduction.

13. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

I started a thread over in the main music forum for this again, since folks should be starting to receive their copies:
    Fiona Apple - Tidal, VMP reissue

Please keep referral link discussions out of it, so it doesn't get booted over here again.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  14. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

I used a referral link. Was skeptical at first because as in your case there was no signal. But a few days later I got an email. Few days after that the $10 credit showed up in my account. Now I'm a believer.

NewKidInTown likes this.
  15. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Ok, I'm holding out hope!

16. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

my Tidal just arrived. haven't listened yet but the packaging is high quality :righton:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  17. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Caved in and signed up for the 3 month plan :hide:

18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I too got mine today , indeed looks great !!

Sticker on front says re-mastered from the Original Analog tapes 180 gram 45 RPM

19. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Mine arrived today, too.

Not sure if I want to open it just yet...

20. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Why not?

FrixFrixFrix likes this.
  21. FrixFrixFrix

Gotta wait and see how much those prices climb on eBay/Discogs. :rolleyes:

22. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I hope not. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

23. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

Can you cancel and get refund after first months? Seems stuck for paying 3 months but can cancel at any time but no refund

24. FrixFrixFrix

Why cancel when you don't know what the next two record of the month picks will be and you can swap them out for something else if you don't like them anyway?

25. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

assuming the next month is something I dont want you can swap for something else in the archive but frankly many of those items are albums I already have or dont want to spend $27 on. I would join if you could skip a month or two till the next record you want comes. I am impressed that the fiona is 45rpm double LP but ultimately what matters is how good is was pressed, mastered, and regrettably here (digitized even though source is analog)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.