Visiting St. Louis - Good Record/CD Shops To Visit?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by DennisF, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident Thread Starter

I will be visiting the St. Louis area and staying in a hotel near the Cardinal's ballpark. What are the names or locations of some good Record/CD Shops I can visit? Thanks Dennis

2. 905

905 Senior Member

I go to CD Reunion all the time. Its in a suburb called Hazelwood (on North Lindbergh, Village Square). Its fairly close to the airport.

3. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Vintage Vinyl in University City - 15 minutes from where you'll be downtown. (Take Hiway 40 West to north on Skinker / McCauseland exit, left on Delmar Blvd.) The grandaddy of independent / used record & cd shops in St Louis.

There are a lot of good restaurant choices there, but from Vintage you can can walk down a block down to Blueberry Hill, where they have a a good bar menu, wide selection of draught beers, and owner Joe Edward's memorabia collection, which includes dozens of photos with Rock-n-Roll celebs and a number of Chuck Berry items, including one of his Gibson EN-350's.

4. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

(oops - duped; the site appears to be challenged again.)

5. mrack

mrack Forum Resident

If you like Jazz then try Euclid Records. Its on 601 E Lockwood Ave. I haven't been there in years but they had an incredible jazz collection on vinyl. Supposed to be one of the largest collections in the mid-west.

6. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Euclid also has a great selection of collectable vinyl. (You'd take highway 44 out of downtown, to the Shrewsbury exit.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.