VPI Cleaning Event

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by vpiindustries, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpiindustries

vpiindustries Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi all, usually I try not to post about things involving my product unless I catch a direct question, but this is about an event that is for fun and education. We are having a record cleaning event/seminar at the factory to teach proper cleaning methods and give anyone in the area a chance to learn and clean there records. All are invited especially everyone on the Steve Hoffman forum :pineapple:

VPI would like to invite everyone to our first VPI Thanksgiving Cleaning Clinic! This Saturday, 11/21/15 we will turn a part of our factory into a record cleaner’s dream. We will have multiple HW-16.5 cleaning machines (potentially MW-1 Cyclones as well) set up ready to do some work and will teach proper cleaning techniques. All are welcome, bring those dirty records, and lets get some cleaning done.

Event will take place from 1 PM – 4 PM at the VPI Factory, 77 Cliffwood Ave Cliffwood New Jersey, 07721.

Seminar led by Mat and Harry Weisfeld, with lots of help from Jane and the rest of the VPI gang!

Note: This is primary an educational seminar and not an event for purchasing goodies, please see your local dealer for purchasing information.

2. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

What a great event! Wish I were somewhere near enough to attend...I definitely would.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  3. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I wish I could attend as well.

Can you guys film this and post it later? I'm sure a LOT of people would love to see it, and learn from it.

ruben lopez, ceynon, Subvet and 2 others like this.
  4. paulewalnutz

paulewalnutz Forum Resident

Damn,I'm working that day. Can you post video? I would like to know if there's some things I can improve using my 16.5.

5. sfrost

sfrost Forum Resident

Sounds like a fun experience :righton:

6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Great idea Matt, but I reckon that if you have HW-16.5s and MW-1s set up everyone is going to want to use the latter, I love my 16.5 and it's given me years of trusty service, but everytime I use the MW-1 I really get an urge to upgrade, maybe start people on 16.5s and let them experience the differences when they switch to the MW-1, both machines sell themselves as the best investment a person with records can make, also as others have posted, please post some video.

jon9091 likes this.
  7. EdogawaRampo

I second that -- it would be great PR for the company as well.

vpiindustries and jon9091 like this.
  8. Dino

Dino Forum Resident

I did that 25 years ago and bought a VPI HW-16.5. It still works like new and pretty much looks like new. It has been a wonderful machine.

A few months later I bought one of the first VPI HW-19 Mark III turntables. (Ordered a Mark II from the dealer and ended up with the not yet announced Mark III.) I have not desired to upgrade (well, I did end up adding a VPI PLC) and that is saying a lot.

vpiindustries likes this.
  9. vpiindustries

We plan to either live stream or record the event :)

Harry MIGHT also do a thing on DIY Ultra Sonic Cleaning... pending hoe much the retired guy feels like moving.

Robert C, paulewalnutz, Dino and 4 others like this.
  10. Recording and live streaming it would be great!

11. jon9091

Great! Can't wait to check it out. Will you please update this thread when it's posted?

12. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

+1

13. EdogawaRampo

I hope you record the event or do both -- 1 pm in NJ is 3 am for me.

14. jon9091

How'd the event go? Did you guys record it?

15. sfrost

sfrost Forum Resident

A lot of cleaning but don't think much was recorded.

16. jon9091

That's unfortunate. I'm sure there are a lot of people around the world who would have been very interested in this, but just didn't have the means to fly out to Cliffwood, NJ.

timztunz likes this.
  17. vpiindustries

We were planning on it but the day ran into a bunch of speed bumps, one of them being Harry getting sick and not being able to join in on it. He showed up later on though. We figured it might be better to hold off on the video side for when Harry is healthy and have both of us put more into it.

Overall the cleaning event went extremely well. I posted pics on our facebook page and will have some up on our site of the event very soon. The bet part was seeing a 13 year old kid show up with his dad to clean some records!

Dino and ruben lopez like this.
  18. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

That IS cool. We would all like to have seen it too.

19. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

MW-1 Cyclone replaced my 16.5 and I luv it>

sean

Dino likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.