VPI Owners - Please Comment

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tony Plachy, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member Thread Starter

I have been reading the threads started by Prix and Joe on the trouble they were having with setting up turntables. I have a VPI TNT-HR that came with all of the tools I needed to set it up (except a 12" level that VPI recommends) and two wonderful manuals (one for the table and on for the arm) that are extensive and include photographs to guide you. I took me less than 2 hours to set up the TT and it worked the first time. Now for what you pay for a TNT-HR this is what you expect. My question to other VPI owners is this your experience too, or did I just luck out?

2. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member Thread Starter

Gorts, Please move this to Hardware, got confused as to which sub-forum I was in.

3. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

No VPI owner, but I've set up a couple of TTs myself and never had a problem. Dead easy, in fact. Then again, I even used to take things apart and put them back together when I was little, so this stuff is second nature to me.

4. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

I'll tell you, setting up a TT for the first time can be intimidating. VTA, zeroing the arm, tracking force scale, anti-skating force and etc. But once someone walks you through it or you can pick it up correctly by reading about it. It becomes simple and straight forward and it all starts to make sense.

5. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

I've got a VPI HW19jr. Set up couldn't have been simpler. It's about sixteen years old, no troubles ever.

6. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

No problem at all with my VPI Scout.

7. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

VPI HW19 Mark IV ...bought it used and I have replaced just about every part myself. No problem. Love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.