VPI plug! great deal on this one at Music Direct right now

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by McGuy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Forum Resident

I think that's just a Prime ; not a Scout Prime. For fun, I tried to find a picture of a Scout Prime in walnut and came up empty.

GoldprintAudio likes this.
  3. GoldprintAudio

Ah....yes sorry. I totally missed the Prime "Scout" part of the initial question.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. GoldprintAudio

Ignore me please!! lol

I misread the question....Walnut only in the standard Prime. Thanks for pointing this out Strat!

5. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Forum Resident

Still there, but at $2200. It does NOT have the current Prime arm, which is the 3D printed one.

EDIT: Oops! The listing is there but says no longer available.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  6. McGuy

McGuy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Right. The open box was sold. You have to remember, this has the correct tonearm. It’s a prime scout, not a prime.

7. [Analogue33]

[Analogue33] New Member

hi @McGuy, would you mind posting a photo or two of your VPI? :)

8. McGuy

That might be the one thing I dislike about this forum, you can't just post a picture from your computer - I have no idea how to upload pics. On every other forum, you just add an attachment and it's easy - not so with Hoffman! :) And no, I don't use any picture hosting sites. Not that I can't, I just don't know of any.

9. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

So far, i have found postimage to be a very easy quick one that doesn't even make you have an account with them to use it.

riverrat likes this.
  10. McGuy

I can try but I don't even know how you get your photo from that place to here... if it was just copy and paste I should be able to do that from my desktop. Why is this such a pain in the ****? ;) I will give it a shot now...

11. McGuy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Let's see if this works...

12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i love my AR XB but man VTA would be nice sometimes, along with the exposed belt to swap speeds.
    looks like that was a nice pickup

13. David Fischer

David Fischer Well-Known Member

There is also great deal on an HRX that is only a couple years old from another authorized VPI dealer. Not affiliated with it all but know the dealer (Jeff) and he's a great guy. Comes with the ring, SDS, and the 12" 3d reference arm. A heck of a deal if anyone can afford it. I cannot unfortunately :) Here is the Link: The Emotion In The Music

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  14. McGuy

that is the other nice thing about VPI that I completely forgot about. I had a pro-ject where the belt ran to a mini-platter under the turntable and I had speed control, so that was easy. I also have a u-turn orbit for our lake house, and that has the exposed belt, which at times will slide off the platter. not often but it's happened. annoying. The VPI has about 5 grooves in the side of the platter so the belt just finds a groove and stays in it. Swapping speeds is easy, I just use a paper clip to move the belt, since they say not to use your hands because of the oils and slippage possibilities

15. [Analogue33]

[Analogue33] New Member

that is a beautiful table we have there! thanks for posting the pics. now i have something i can stare at until mine arrives.

McGuy likes this.
  16. McGuy

Russ, sent you a PM. decided to sell my new dust cover for the VPI if intersted in it.

17. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

18. McGuy

Awesome but not available. I have it.

19. McGuy