VPI record cleaner machine wand/brushes

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by chosenhandle, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone else had problems with the wand/brush on the VPI record cleaning machine? The wand brush material is pulling away and causing poor suction. The brush is only about 6 months old and has done about 100 records. I had another problem with one previously that literally had the brush pull away from the wand and leave glue on a new record. Music Direct apologized and replaced it...with the one I am having trouble with now.

I do not run them dry or anything like that, so I am at a loss why this is happening.

Any ideas?

2. Brian J

Brian J Forum Resident

I've never had this happen with any of my wands. Even after the brush is history at some 500+ records over a 4 years period. All of my wands/brushes have been supplied by VPI themselves. Not sure of MD's source?
    Could your cleaning solution be a bit on the strong side and is removing the adhesive?
    The next brush I'll be using will be from a Nitty Gritty pack of 4 on my current wand. I'm about due for the change now and I'm a little hesitant/nervous.

Brian

3. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Solved!

I talked with music Direct today. They told me that a bunch of wand/brushes were bad (VPI changed sources for the wand) and a lot of people called in with this problem. Music Direct is shipping me another one today.

I give credit to Music Direct to correct problems so quickly and make sure that their customers are happy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.