Walking Dead on AMC (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

or gimmie the dagger! my turn!

JimC likes this.
  2. Officer Rick gets a shout out from his father in law at the tail end of this new music video.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Standard deal is pieces of fruit and a real knife. Watermelons are pretty good, close-mic'd and EQ'd.

Bewaremylove and Michael like this.
  4. Michael

yea, for that bloody juiciness...

5. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Our next road trip took us to Grantville, GA; Senoia, GA (Woodbury); and to Sharpsburg, GA where more location shooting took place. There will be more photos uploaded to the TWDL: Walking Dead Locations on Facebook. This was a total of a 6 hour trip.

Our next one will be closer to home in and around Atlanta like Terminus was. Whoops.

6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This has probably been posted before but I just saw it and it gave me a couple of laughs (Dale face).

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And as an update: all the Walking Dead stars are threatening to walk... uh, walk right of the show, that is... if they aren't all given big raises:

http://www.designntrend.com/article...increases-after-massive-season-4-revenues.htm

What I find interesting is that they're all banding together, so if one gets fired, they're all gonna go. This is a risky business.

Sheriff Rick is getting $90K a week, which is a nice living, but not a lot for somebody on the biggest show on the channel. I suspect since they're going into Season Five, AMC is gonna have to cough up big bucks, unless they're willing to just kill everybody off.

GentleSenator likes this.
  8. Michael

hey if Diane Sawyer who has one eighth the talent wait? what talent?of any of the main characters in the walking dead can make a MILLION A MONTH for squinting, squeaking, and repeating why not a cast of TALENTED actors make at least the same?

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

A million a month is a bit high, but I don't think $150K per episode would be out of line for a show this successful.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

I was stating an opinion of money wasted...150K sounds good to me as well...but, like everything else some know how to pull the strings better than others.

11. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Jeez, has the lawsuit between Frank Darabont and AMC even been settled yet? Lots of legal wrangling where this show is concerned. I'm not surprised that the cast is pulling a "Friends".
    No way they won't work with the actors. They get rid of those characters and many people will dump the show. I know I would.

Dan

12. Michael

honestly? I would not...there are plenty of good actors out there that can use the work...it's not like the original cast were superstars...we'd learn to like or dislike the newbies..I have no attachment to them other than Michonne and I had no idea who she was before the WD...higher salaries? we all pay for it eventually...yea, 90 grand a week...Damn starvation!

13. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

No, we wouldn't learn to like newbies. That would last one season.

14. Michael

OK! done...cancel it!

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Note that there is an ongoing effort to develop a spin-off series of Walking Dead. My guess is that it would take place in a completely different part of the country, like LA or Oregon:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/28/walking-dead-spin-off-dave-erickson-showrunner-companion-series/

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/walking-dead-companion-series-official-20140328

Some say it could be a prequel that shows events that led up to the zombie plague. Me personally, I think AMC runs the risk of too many Walking Dead shows, milking the idea to the point where viewers ultimately get turned off.

16. Michael

I'd love a prequel series! maybe more than current "Days Of Our Lives" we have going on currently...sudsy!

17. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I think Michonne should do the negotiating. :)

Seriously, no info on the Darabont/AMC faceoff? He was the reason the show even exists(apart from the comic book, of course).

Dan

18. shokhead

No, pay them.

19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I don't see much point in a prequel series. The series as we have it picked up a pretty short time after the "event", right? So what would a prequel series show? Normal life for the characters before zomies? What good would that be? Sure, it might be interesting to see how they dealt with the initial impact of the zombie apocalypse, but then you get to where TWD started very quickly. I guess you could do a limited run of episodes with one whole episode devoted to each charater or family unit, but I don't think that sounds very interesting.

And I agree with Vidiot that if AMC thinks they can just spin-off another series that is the same but with different characters in a different locale, there is a very good chance they will create zombie burnout. A spin-off shouldn't run concurrently with TWD for very long. If it is meant to replace the current one, then maybe it makes sense.

The cast will probably get their raise, but I think AMC is giving us the right amount of content. Don't start running this like CSI or Law & Order.

20. I've never been a fan of prequels and would prefer a show set at the same time, or even a few years further ahead. I want to see what happens next, not what happened five years ago.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  21. zeppage2

zeppage2 Forum Resident

22. Michael

replace them!

23. Michael

with this series I believe it would be beneficial knowing how it all went to S^%t!

24. shokhead

You don't want a raise?

25. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm not that into the current cast (I only really like Michonne, Daryl, and Carol) but I'd give them all a raise before starting a spin-off series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.