Walking Dead on AMC (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Just to clarify here ---- brutal violence, throat slashing, headhots with massive blood splatters, etc. all fine. Zombies eating people and dead horses = wonderful. People eating some Rib Crib pretending it's a human leg (and fake looking too) = over the line.

This show's massive plotline from this season has been cannibalism. How are you just now deciding it's unacceptable?

2. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Bathroom breaks.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  3. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I agree. Critics were all over the first episode for the way they mirrored the ISIS events, but it took a soft, out of focus leg eating scene to get this guy to bail on the show.

4. nbakid2000

I certainly don't feel punished. I keep hoping they'll up the ante on the violence. The only reason I watch this show is for the violence and gore, certainly not the writing. The more creative kills and gorey effects I see, the more I cheer.

So because bad things happen in the real world, we shouldn't see those same bad things for fake on TV or movies, even in a different context? That's ridiculous.

Hawklord and JimC like this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I found myself wondering how they'd managed to feed to many people on Bob's skinny looking calf. They didn't even bother with the meatier thigh.

Vidiot and EVOLVIST like this.
  6. nbakid2000

I pointed that out. I was like there's not enough leg there for that amount of food.

7. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Or a Harley with open exhuast. :D

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Abe strikes me as the kind of grunt who might well have been in charge of servicing the motor pool at one time.

They filled things out with side dishes, salad, and dessert, I believe. Others have noted that in the comic, Bob woke up to a full scale pot luck celebration in his honor.

9. DreadPikathulhu

Well, in the comic it was Dale and not Bob, but I'm pretty sure that the first thing he heard when he woke up was "pass the baked beans!"

10. Maybe he's a vegetarian?

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yea, an average day in Zombieville!

12. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Just to clarify here....you two don't live in my house. So, what makes you think know why the reason why we won't be tuning in to the excitement any longer?
    I'm flat-out sick of it. I was at the point where I was rooting for Rick to get bitten...just so I wouldn't have to endure him yelling "CARL!!!" one more time.
    They simply had to resort to the lowest low to create some type of shock value. The Zombie battles were getting boring. Even the actors looked bored doing it.

13. Hagstrom

What was the lowest low to you? The beheading or the leg eating?

14. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

The writing.

GentleSenator likes this.
  15. Hagstrom

Will you be watching the next episode?

16. nbakid2000

Because your original post said "disgusting" and then "I'm done".

If it was the writing why didn't you just say, "the writing sucks, I'm done" instead of "disgusting" which usually refers to onscreen violence. Or is the sloppy/bad writing "disgusting"?

subzro likes this.
  17. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Just watched it. One thing I didn't see here yet. Just after Tyreese "takes care of" Bob the camera pans back a bit to a 3D wall hanging/picture depicting (I think) The Last Supper. Did I see that right? Really?

JimC likes this.
  18. Michael

DAMN! it's just a TV show made to entertain...and that it does...millions of eager fans watch each week because they know how to take this show for what it is...instead of ripping it apart....can't ppl just be entertained without bitching, moaning, whining, PC bullS%^t...if one doesn't appreciate where this show is coming from move on and let us enjoy it in peace!

JimC, James RD, Kyhl and 1 other person like this.
  19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

My exact feelings about Lost, but then again, this is a discussion forum.

Craig likes this.
  20. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

That's a great observation.

JimC likes this.
  21. Well you know he probably won't be eating I meant watching Hanibal . That's so much more graphic and seemingly real

22. DreadPikathulhu

I agree that Hannibal is worse. I did have to stop watching that one. It could conceivably happen in real life and I didn't find that entertaining

Great writing, cinematography, and acting, though....

23. Yeah hannibal is my favorite show on television and I'm surprised it's on a network. It's one of the best looking shot shows writing and acting

24. Michael

you 100% correct...

25. Michael

Hannibal: the Movie-I still can't get the brain eating scene with Ray Liota outta my head!

Mr. H and Vidiot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.