Walking Dead on AMC (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

actually they are compressing the time as in real life it would be unwatchable...I have no problem with the flow.

JimC likes this.
  2. Michael

yes, that machete has gotten quite heavy...

3. Michael

the previews for next week seem to contradict this...

4. Michael

and why would they do this? Lunch?

JimC likes this.
  5. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Pretty much every show compresses time, other than maybe "24" and stuff like that (I'm guessing; I haven't watched that show).

I actually think some of the slow burn moments of Walking Dead are good. That episode from the second season (I think) were Rick, Herschel, and Glenn are in the bar and run into those random guys, that was intense, well written and well acted.

But Vidiot is right, they are dragging the second half of this season out too much. Seriously, there are FIVE episodes left until we're waiting until October again. It was hard enough with network shows like "Lost" that ran 22-24 episodes took full episodes for tangent, slow-moving episodes. It's more of a punch in the teeth for "Dead" since they only do 16 per year. Plus, "Dead" doesn't have the strong writing to sustain such episodes. They have the full, huge ensemble cast on screen together, and we get a bunch of grunting and then comically NOT scrutinizing the new guy just so later events can end up being a "surprise." They're still trying to have those little "side conversations", but stuff like that really quick exchange between Abraham and Rosita on the RV was ridiculous, like the writers though "Oh crap, we have to have a ten second mumbled conversation addressing that thing that happened numerous episodes back!"

Michael and Scotian like this.
  6. Michael

nothing about this show bothers me any more...they got rid of all the annoying characters...smart move. I don't miss any of them. YAY! No matter how this ends it will be nothing like the letdown of the poorly written LOST! although these past few episodes had a Lostish feeling, but I'm sure it was just my imagination.

7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Rick could be killed off. I can think of several characters I'd rather see as the lead in the show.

8. Michael

I disagree...he's essential. The way he handled the situation was perfect in this weeks show. None of the others are leaders...IMO.

shokhead, Kossoff is God and JimC like this.
  9. JimC

JimC Senior Member

The car-ride discussion about the photos did make for a great reveal though.
    I understand what you're saying -- probably just a convention of avoiding any more unnecessary dialogue :winkgrin: -- but I'm willing to believe that at this point everyone (mostly Rick) doesn't believe a thing unless and it's seen and experienced. Terminus forced them to abandon all trust and hope in stories and promises.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

in this situation Rick is the only one who handled it properly...the others are too desperate which may cost them dearly...I guess they forget they were once "Lunch"...

JimC likes this.
  11. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I meant I hope the town itself is OK ... of course a threat has to exist ... but I hope that threat is external in some fashion. I also hope that they can somehow get back to having the dead as a threat instead of just worrying about other survivors.

12. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

I don't get why they just keep strolling up to gates. Recon the place for two or three days first.

13. DreadPikathulhu

I'm OK with them strolling up to gates if it saves us half an episode of them re-conning the place and talking about it.

14. Michael

yes, that would work, but it's too easy.

15. DreadPikathulhu

But how long can the walkers continue to be a real threat? We saw two episodes ago that as long as everybody knows their role they can walk right down a street with a herd following behind them with little risk other than the weakest among them being picked off for doing something stupid. Their mistake in the last episode was driving down an unknown street in the dark, but had they gone down the one that had been cleared, would it have been a problem?

Assuming that Alexandria is what it says it is and they take up residence there, there is no more conflict for the group to worry about except for external conflict from other survivors. If people were able to set up a safe place in Alexandria, you can also assume that other people have done the same thing elsewhere, some civilized and some not so civilized. What the show would turn into is Game of Thrones, where people travel from place to place in armed groups and are able to manage any Walkers that approach and trading with other survivors that have food or skills that they need.

Meanwhile, there are other not-so-nice groups that try to conquer everybody.

16. Michael

yea, then we have LOST...no thank you...I want chaos.

17. DreadPikathulhu

It would only be Lost if we found out that Rick had died in the hospital and everything we've seen so far has been his dying thoughts.

18. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

They don't have to show it. Just have Rick tell someone to do it. At least make a reference to being smart.

19. DreadPikathulhu

Unfortunately, this show doesn't seem to do that.

Ext. Woods - Early morning

Rick, Daryl, and Carol are standing in the woods outside of Alexandria

RICK
    (with force)
    Daryl, you and Carol go case the joint

DARYL
    (wearily)
    OK, boss
    Daryl and Carol depart

Ext. Woods - Dusk

Daryl and Carol return to the woods where Rick is waiting.

RICK
    (with force)
    How's it look?

DARYL
    (wearily)
    Looks great, boss. Lots of kids playing. Smelled like a bar-b-que was going on.​

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  20. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I could not agree more. His punching of Aaron was absolutely ridiculous. The `Rick' character has become
    one of my least favourite on any tv show - ever. The sooner he is gone the better.

21. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Rick isn't going anywhere....the whole show revolves around him and his family and how he views and reacts to the world he's found himself in.

JimC and Michael like this.
  22. Michael

even that scenario would not have been a disgusting as the ending of Lost...

23. Michael

he should have used a sledgehammer...

24. DreadPikathulhu

First Beth, and now Aaron. You really have it out for these people.

25. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

See that's more satisfying already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.