Walking Dead on AMC (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Hollywood, call me! I'm cheap!

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The baby is way too healthy looking. At this point in the series change is needed because I'm starting to feel hopeless like some of the characters, they need to bring a little bit of light and hope into such a dire life.

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

stop it...it's a TV show treated accordingly.

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

he can't be killed off. the actor is the only one who can act his way out of a paper bag (with john bernthal gone). as much as i love the characters of say darryl and micchone, these people can't act worth a damn. then again it could be the horrible lines they're given to practically spew out.

does anyone know if andrew lincoln is a method actor? he seems like it.

5. Michael

Rick is the star like him or not...he is such a good actor I couldn't stand him when he "lost it"! that's how good he is...it takes extreme talent to portray the role he's given. I think Michonne & Daryl are doing a great job with the characters they are given. As a matter of fact IMO all of the current characters are excellent...no dead weight here.

JimC likes this.
  6. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

I've grown tired of the show and the direction. My wife is a huge fan and she will be watching the rest of it alone. To me the CDC episode was the best and they missed an opportunity to deal with the science of it all, but instead just keep lopping off more heads. Not real creative.

7. DreadPikathulhu

Unfortunately, there is a large contingent of people that just want to see them lopping off heads for an hour each week. I really would like it to start focusing on the breakdown and resurrection of society in an apocalypse.

Jim T, Hawklord and Shawn like this.
  8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Agreed. There's some interesting sociological questions they could tackle, but Joe Sixpack just wants to see them kill some zombies real good.

9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

It's a TV show Jim...not school. Nobody is going to watch a show season after season about the science of zombie-ism.

10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Agreed...maybe not all of them are ready for the Oscars but there's nobody in the current cast that is so bad at acting that I groan every time they get screen time.

Michael likes this.
  11. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

---------------------
    But it would be fun on show and tell day.

12. DreadPikathulhu

The comic has gone away from chopping people's heads off for 22 pages each month, and there are people that complain about that, too.

13. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

I keep hoping The Walking Dead will make some sort of return to this high level of writing - in both dialogue and story. I've said it a million times (maybe not here) that season one was my absolute favorite. It was lean, mean, and above all, smart. At that time, TWD wasn't just a show about zombies and I really cared about the characters. This made the CDC episode all the more meaningful as an audience member. I rooted for Rick & Co. Now, the show feels a bit same old same old. And that's not what I expected with Scott Gimple at the helm. His were some of my favorite episodes in past seasons. But now everything just feels drawn out. I understand every minute can't be rife with conflict and action - and the smaller moments often wind up being more meaningful and weighty by allowing the characters to be human, flaws and all. I don't know. Something's missing during this second half season. We'll see where things go from here.

14. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

And damnit, I want an explanation for the whole zombie apocalypse. I don't care if there's a cure, but please someone drop more clues as to why the world turned into a living nightmare! There are zombies. They are everywhere. I accept that. Now tell me WHY! :realmad:

15. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

Also, did anyone else notice a plot hole in the latest episode? A co-worker of mine brought it up and it got me wondering: how did Eric and Carl, Carol, Daryl, etc. come together in that warehouse/industrial park complex under the water tower?

As far as I know, Eric wasn't part of the group when they all left the barn and went driving down the zombie highway in the sedan, with the RV following at a distance. He must not have been, because Rick's interactions with Adam in the warehouse indicated that Eric and Rick were strangers. Was there a cut scene that explained how Carl, Carol, Daryl, etc. happened upon Eric and knew to bring him to the warehouse/industrial park complex? Something just didn't add up.

vegafleet likes this.
  16. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

-------------------
    Exactly.

Get2Me likes this.
  17. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

My hopes for at least the next couple of episodes are:
    • The Alexandria safe zone is a good place, through and through. It would be a welcome change of pace from Woodbury and Terminus and it'll give us a chance to see how/if the main characters can return to a sense of normalcy or if they're too hardened and changed.
    • Rick & Co. stay put at said safe zone for a bit and regroup, rest up, and take stock of where they've been and decide where they're going.
    • I hope they do make a trip, if even a side one, from the safe zone into D.C. (Finally! For Eugene's sake!). And while there, I hope they stumble upon something...interesting. Not a new threat or villain mind you, but something akin to the CDC episode; a scientific lab, documents that begin to explain the apocalypse, someone who has answers...of any kind. That would be novel, no?

Rubber65 and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  18. DreadPikathulhu

Who needs to know why when there are heads to be chopped off! I want week after week of gore and mayhem!

19. Michael

me too...all of them are believable...but, on occasion they do look too clean we just have to imagine they found a watering hole somewhere in between...

20. Michael

geez, you really have it in for them don't you?

21. DreadPikathulhu

They're only zombies.

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Walking Dead comic and show co-creator Robert Kirkman has said many times that he never intends to explain how or why the zombie apocalypse happened, and he doesn't think there will ever be a cure.

This would not be the first time that the show was guilty of "story shortcuts," not necessarily explaining how certain characters got from point A to point B.

23. Michael

...lol...

24. DreadPikathulhu

I think the show has too many cast members at the moment. Getting rid of Beth and Tyreese and then adding Noah didn't help a bit. Now we've got Aaron and his pals. Some major characters, such as Carol and Daryl, are even relegated to standing in the background. If Alexandria really is a safe haven, I would't mind several people taking an extended leave.

Mr. H and Michael like this.
  25. Michael

I have no problem with anything...I did at one time, but now I'm enjoying the ride and hoping it doesn't end too soon.

JimC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.