Walking Dead on AMC (Part 6: Everybody Dies) (No Comic Spoilers, Please)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DreadPikathulhu, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Yeah you're probably right. It may be a group of exiles are now marking the zombies to let the townsfolk know they are still around or it's another group altogether.

Kossoff is God likes this.
  2. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I have lost all respect for Rick. Falling desperately in love with a married woman he just met, playing white knight for her, losing self-control, even after she told him she was a "married woman," all are things that place him in the classic chump category.

When Michonne knocked him out, a part of me rejoiced. I am liking Glen more and more, which makes me wary of his continued existence on the show. If he dies, I will miss his great character.

Did anyone mention yet that the final episode will be 90 minutes!

Mr. H and misterdecibel like this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I agree with you dead. Rick has slowly become Shane.

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member Thread Starter

Next week: The trial of Rick, where he'll be found guilty and spend next season creeping around Alexandria with a "W" carved into his forehead.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Rick has definitely lost it.

Yeah, how much in love can you be with someone you've maybe talked to for an hour or two, total? More like desperately in lust. If they have sex, are we going to have Rick POV flashes where he sees her as Laurie?

Rufus McDufus and JimC like this.
  6. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Exactly. There hasn't been enough development for the extremes we're shown. I understand it's a different world -- everything heightened, but they're outrunning the story.

7. mace

mace Forum Resident

Who's to say Rick isn't genuinely concerned Pete will beat her to death, she will turn, and before anyone is the wiser, she will off several folks, and then he will have to contend with a dead mob inside the gates.
    :D

JimC likes this.
  8. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

That's actually a valid point, I think someone already asked if the community know that everyone has the "virus" and will change.

9. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I agree good point. But maybe Rick did tell Deanna about his experience at the CDC and what was said about the virus off camera. If not, I'm surprised Rick or anyone else in his group didn't divulge more. Assuming that the Alexandria survivors sought refuge there at the beginning of the outbreak, they were pretty well safe and secure from the horrors that took place over the past 2 years or so. If I were Rick, I'd give painstaking details of his experience and what he's learned.

10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member Thread Starter

We really don't know how long they've been in Alexandria other than Daryl had enough time to put the bike together. I'm assuming there are a lot of discussions that the show isn't telling us about.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

They already knew from observation that everyone "turns" when they die, before they ever went to the CDC. For example, take Andrea's sister...

So surely it's common knowledge amongst the living that everyone turns, whether they know about the virus or not. Just like everyone has figured out to aim for the head to take out a zombie.

12. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Wasn't Andrea's sister bitten? When the series started it was a case of getting bitten or becoming ill, they didn't know anyone who died from natural causes would come back or else the whole CDC thing wouldn't have been such a big story. You definitely get the impression that the Alexandrians may not know that or else they wouldn't be so slack with security behind the walls, even the people who have joined from outside seem to have lived relatively sheltered lifes compared to Rick's group.

JimC likes this.
  13. misterdecibel

Oh, that's right, it's bitten.

But then they die from the bite before reanimating.

14. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Yes, you're right. Andrea was bitten. It wasn't until after they got to the CDC that the doctor told Rick that if you die from natural causes you will still turn.

15. Outlaw Country

Outlaw Country Member

Rick is coming across as crazy and yeah there is a definite attraction to Jessie for him, but realistically speaking, he's really not that far off. The people of Alexandria have no idea what it's truly like outside of the walls and Rick and his people have been through a lot. I think Rick is probably the most grounded by not letting the comfort of Alexandria provides sway him. If you look back to the previous week's episode, where the preacher is telling Deanna that the group is full of evil people, the seed has already been planted in Deanna that they are not what she thought. Also, Maggie overheard the conversation, where was she last week? If she will tell everyone what she heard maybe they would see that Rick is right in his behavior and they need to take over the town and run it properly.

Rubber65 and JimC like this.
  16. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Rick's feelings and most of his actions don't bother me at all. Certainly you can't just let a man beat the crap out of his wife and maybe child.
    But what did bother me is Carol's jump to conclusion that the only way to handle it is to execute him.

Michonne is, as always, a confused muddle of a character. OK so in the woods she, what, decided that she missed slaughtering zombies? At this point she either knocked out Rick because:
    1. She agrees with Rick but wanted to end the immediate conflict and risk of violence to buy them time because she wants to be a bad-a$$ zombie killer
    2. Disagrees with him and wanted to prove her alliance with Deanna because she is horrified by her behavior in the woods and does NOT want to be a bad-a$$ zombie killer

Both and neither would make sense.

17. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

More likely A than B, but all Rick's group, except the baby are suffering from PTSD and who knows what else so expecting Rick or any of the others to behave rationally is quite a stretch, the group no longer has a member to ground them and remind them of their humanity, they really are the threat now, just as much as the walkers and Wolves.

18. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Yeah I don't expect the characters to act rationally but I would like to see a clear line of behavior as a viewer. That is- the show writers should behave rationally.
    Possibly the one character that's behaving most clearly and motivated by trauma is the one that has gotten criticism- Sasha.
    But then I don't watch this show for characters, I watch it for situations. Like, when they were stuck in the revolving door before that jackass jumped out and got Noah killed. And whenever they're not in some entertaining or interesting situation with zombies, it's like they're saying a bunch of nonsense to get themselves into such situations. I treat those scenes as commercial breaks.

19. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

The jackass was lucky it was Glen, I think Rick would have killed him, but basically his behaviour is representative of the entire Alexandria group, either Rick and company take over or their days are numbered, fingers crossed the season finale is action packed.

20. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

I think that premise- that the townsfolk have the wrong attitude- is what's bothering me this season. They built a wall and are the safest and least murdery group we have seen on this series so far, so I'm not buying this whole thing that Rick et al HAVE to take over. But I go along with it because it's a necessary change of plot direction compared to previous season. I mean after cannibals, you can't have the show give us yet another group of supervillain thugs so the thematic direction makes sense, it's just all rather oddly put together IMO.

Unless... that's the point. Like I'm not sure if I'm supposed to agree with Rick or not.

JimC likes this.
  21. misterdecibel

That is my view as well. I find it intensely dissatisfying when some show ends a long run with huge plot holes that were never resolved, and when faced with the criticism the creators just say "It was all about the characters".

22. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Word up. I'm looking at you LOST

23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

That didn't happen with Lost. Everything that mattered was resolved.

24. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

This was easily the worst episode of the series. Several things, IMO, did not play. As Vidiot said, 15 minutes(in my view 5) of plot taffy-pulled to 42 minutes. That scene between Glen and Nicholas was so unnecessary and felt forced. It had "deleted scene" written all over it. When Glen said "I'm saving you," I'm thinking "This ***** got people killed. Why should he care in any way about him?" And who has been writing the dialogue recently? A 7th grader? That line where Enid says about the walkers, "It's their world. We're just living in it." Barf.

However, I took Michonne's smackdown of Rick to mean, "Not like this(or not now). We may end up taking this place over, but we will use a different approach".

So we are to believe that Rick, a man who eats people's necks, almost lost a bar fight with a drinker? Please.

Maybe we need to see next week's episode to get it, but I don't think so. This one blew dog.

Dan

Mr. H and JimC like this.
  25. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.