Walking Dead on AMC (Part 6: Everybody Dies) (No Comic Spoilers, Please)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DreadPikathulhu, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I finally got around to watching this past week's episode and wow what a cliffhanger. I think we might see a split of the main group with some going with Rick and some staying with Michonne. If not for the baby and Carl and I could see Rick going lone wolf.

misterdecibel likes this.
  2. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I also have an almost irrational fear Rick will die. I sure hope not. He is the best actor on the show imho.

3. balzac

balzac Senior Member

On the one hand, I’m thinking that doing yet another “split the group up” story line will be repetitive.
    At the same time, they *clearly* can’t or won’t write episodes that feature the entire huge ensemble cast. Numerous characters go full episodes without being seen or heard from, and sometimes when they are heard from, it’s one throw-away line. So maybe they need to split them up, because then it’s at least logistically more feasible to not feature a group of characters in a particular episdoe when the episode in question is focusing on a separate group located far away from the other.

The more conventional guess as to what might happen would be that whatever the “W’ threat is, if it comes from outside, will descent upon the town just as the confrontation with Rick reaches its peak, forcing everybody to “work together.” I would guess they won’t do something quite that formulaic. But that would essentially be like what they did with Terminus or the prison. Make it a huge foreboding place that could theoretically house an entire season, but then blow the whole thing up (figuratively or literally) to put a quick end to it, and simply allow most of the cast that you want to keep to survive the big blow up.

4. vegafleet

vegafleet Forum Resident

Rick keeps looking at the older (oldest?) couple with weariness, thinking that maybe they are the most immediate threat given that they are most likely to die of natural causes suddenly inside the fences. I think that is going to be the fuse next episode. Like the people dying at night from the swine flu at the prison. It is not clear to me whether the compound people know what happens then. Maybe they haven't had a natural cause death yet?

Lownote30 likes this.
  5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The title of the spinoff series has been revealed: "Fear The Walking Dead."

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member Thread Starter

The should have called it "Love The Walking Dead" and gone in an entirely new direction.

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Here's a terrific interview with series producer Gale Anne Hurd about what to expect in the climactic 90-minute episode coming up:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/wal...anne-hurd-rick-shane-glenn-deanna-1201461054/

No spoilers there. She does reference the comic book and mentions (as we know) that just because a character lives or dies in the comic doesn't mean they live or die in the TV show. Ms. Hurd also notes that several black characters who were recently killed were white in the comic book, and that the leader of Alexandria was a man in the comic. Many changes afoot.

I suspect things are about to get very bleak and horrible. To me, the single most interesting thing about the show is not the threat from zombies: it's the threat from crazy humans, and the ongoing problem of how people need to get along.

[​IMG]

Me personally, I think Sheriff Rick's right 99% of the time, even when he's crazy.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Apparently, the previous series had no Fear in it.

9. DreadPikathulhu

The only thing I now for certain is that it's going to end on another cliffhanger and we'll be waiting until October again. My guess is that Rick and Deanna will resolve their differences only to have an army pull up to the gates in the last five minutes and demand their immediate surrender.

Vidiot likes this.
  10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Or they could go in the World War Z direction: suddenly, there's 20,000 zombies outside pushing down the metal fence. And as good as Alexandria's weapons are, they don't have that many bullets.

11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

If the zombies started running, that would be something to fear.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  12. DreadPikathulhu

Isn't the new show supposed to start up during the hiatus so we have something to watch until October, or are they going to run concurrently?

13. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

Season one will be during the hiatus. I haven't seen word on when season two might air, I imagine it would be the same deal; having Walking Dead during nearly every season (fall, spring, summer) is money in the bank for AMC.

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

15. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I don't really fear the walking dead any more. They're just a bit of an annoyance. Maybe the West Coast ones will be more fearsome?

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I wonder if they'll be hanging out at the beach.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  17. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Regarding Deanna, Hurd says we haven't encountered any female leaders. Wasn't the hospital led by a woman?

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Good point... though that clearly didn't last.

JimC likes this.
  19. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Then again...what does last?

20. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Surf Zombies?:laugh:

We haven`t seen many main charactars turn lately.Maybe they`ll go for that scenario?
    The crazy Sheriff Rick has been entertaining.

Hawkeye likes this.
  21. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

"Are you not entertained?!"

That's the first thing I thought of. :laugh:

John K.

Bewaremylove and steveharris like this.
  22. steveharris

I love it!:cheers:

23. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I hope they don't kill off Glen or Carol. I'm ok with preacher man, Red and or his Girlfriend if people got to go.
    I also hope the hurt Girl pulls through because Eugene needs a friend. :)
    They should call this last episode Return of the Samurai because that baby is coming off the mantle.

24. steveharris

I`ll be very disappointed if Rick doesn`t establish a new level of craziness here.That`s my high hope for this finale!:p

25. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Do you all have your tissues ready? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.