Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by scousette, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scousette

scousette Forum Resident Thread Starter

I went with some friends yesterday to the Walt Disney Family Museum at the Presidio. I was curious about the place anyway, and when these friends suggested we go, I was up for it.

The museum showcases Walt's life and his work, as well as personal and family memorabilia. For film and animation buffs, there's some great stuff to see. On the link for the museum, check out Gallery 2-- frames from Steamboat Willie. The multiplane camera used in so many animated features is on display. Fascinating stuff. Several cameras from the early films are there too. There are some terrific interactive kiosks, including one that shows how music enhances the animation.

There's a section of the museum on Disneyland, on Disney's foray into television, the Candlewood Pacific train he built for his residence, and so much more.

Bay Area locals, if you haven't been there yet, give it a whirl. And for visitors to San Francisco, if you have time in your itinerary to get a bit off the beaten path, head over to the Presidio to take this in.

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are served in the Museum cafe!

http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.