Wanted! LIVE! LInda Ronstadt Concert Recordings; CD/DVD's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paperback Writer, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bols59

bols59 Forum Resident

I have a SB cd of Linda at Winterland in, I believe, 1973. If you're interested pls reply and I will mail it to you.

kronning and Paperback Writer like this.
  2. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

I have this performance of Linda's "Real Emotional Girl" from "Randy Newman At The Odeon" on LaserDisc.

3. Michael Manning

Michael Manning Forum Resident

This is true. I was friends with some folks who worked on the TV and confirmed this story. I think I've seen it as told by June in a video interview as well.

Hall Cat and Paperback Writer like this.
  4. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Well, she recorded her Canciones tour on video, it is a kind of set-piece performance. I watched it with my wife on DVD.
    Amazon.com: Linda Ronstadt - Canciones de Mi Padre: A Romantic Evening in Old Mexico: Linda Ronstadt, Michael Smuin, Bruce Franchini: Movies & TV
    hoo boy, $114!!!! And similar on eBay. Search "Ronstadt DVD" on eBay and a bunch of stuff turns up, who knows if properly licensed or not.
    Here's much cheaper with Nelson Riddle, quite nice, VHS though. YouTube may be your friend.
    Amazon.com: Linda Ronstadt - What's New - In Concert with Nelson Riddle and his Orchestra [VHS]: Linda Ronstadt: Movies & TV

Hep Alien and Paperback Writer like this.
  5. Paperback Writer

Paperback Writer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for all,those leads!

6. Paperback Writer

Here's an interesting picture for Linda and Beatle fans. Some interesting connections:

Peter Asher produced Linda amd of course McCartney lived in Peter"s family home for a while - Asher almost became Paul's brother-in- law.

Linda McCartney attended U of Arizona in Tucson, which was Linda Ronstadt's hometown.

• [​IMG]

Hep Alien, John Adam and Mark Wilson like this.
  7. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

8. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I'm still looking for a source other than your word. Is there something on the net?

Paperback Writer likes this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Johnny Cash show DVD had a version of the story about her skimpy outfit. Can't remember if it's text or John Jr. Video interview.

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Thanks. To have a story like this that has circulated for MANY years debunked is interesting.:righton:

11. SoundAdvice

Was the Mr. Plow Simpsons episode actually her? That's on DVD.

She must have appeared on some Christmas/variety specials over the years in late 70's/early 80's. Maybe ask Asher on social media.

I do recall a story of Asher in an editing booth giving Linda a "digital diet" on a music video or tv appearance by cropping and "squishing" the image.

12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Just remembered--she sang I've Got a Crush on You 'live' on the Muppets show. This was unique at the time, as she was years away from recording it with Riddle, and she lip sync'd other 'rock' songs on that episode

13. SoundAdvice

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD FORT LAUDERDALE 2006 70 minutes, excellent / crystal picture, up close... singing standards and ballads

@

LINDA RONSTADT 2 DVD VIDEO COMPILATION 1969 - 1994 161 total min... DISC 1: 1. Walking Down The Line (Playboy After Dark '69); 2. Living Like A Fool (Playboy '69); 3. Long Long Time (Johnny Cash Show '70); 4. Lovesick Blues (Playboy '69); 5. Long Long Time (Playboy '69); 6. She's A Very Lovely Woman (Johnny Cash '71); 7. You're No Good (American Bandstand '76); 8. Long Long Time (Midnight Special '72); 9. When Will I Be Loved (Cher Show '75); 10. Blue Bayou (Atlanta '77); 11. How Do I Make You (promo video '80); 12. Silver Threads... (Don Kirshner's Rock Concert '74); 13. Desperado (Kirshner '74); 14. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Kirshner '74); 15. Desperado (Tennessee State Prison '74); 16. You're No Good (TN SP '74); 17. Love Has No Pride (TN SP '74); 18. Silver Threads... (TN SP '74); 19. The Shoop Shoop Song (Saturday Night Live '79); 20. The Married Men (SNL '79); 21. Blue Bayou (The Muppet Show '80); 22. The Shoop Shoop Song (Muppets '80); 23. When I Grow Too Old To Dream (Muppets '80); (75 min); DISC 2: 1. Long Long Time (Bobby Darin Show '70); 2. Long Long Time (Johnny Cash '70); 3. Only Mama That'll Walk The Line (JC '69); 4. I Will Never Marry (JC '69); 5. She's A Very Lovely Woman (JC '71); 6. Walking Down The Line (Playboy '69); 7. Living Like A Fool (Playboy '69); 8. Different Drum (Bitter End, New York '68); 9. One For One (BE - NY '68); 10. New Hard Times (BE - NY '68); 11. Tracks Of My Tears (promo video '75); 12. Interview / What's New (Letterman '83); 13. Oh No, Not My Baby (Letterman '94); 14. Hey Daddy (Nelson Riddle '84); 15. Mister Sandman (Riddle '84); 16. Kalamazoo (Riddle '84); 17. Dream (Riddle '84); 18. Take Me Back To The Right Track (Riddle '84); 19. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Kirshner '74); 20. When Will I Be Loved (Kirshner '74); 21. Heart Like A Wheel (Kirshner '74); 22. You're No Good (Kirshner '74); 23. You Can Close Your Eyes (Kirshner '74); 24. Silver Threads... (Kirshner '74); 25. Under African Skies (Paul Simon/SNL '87); 26. Short biography of Ronstadt from CMT's "40 Greatest Women Of Country Music"; (86 min).

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD HBO CONCERT 5/19/84 55 min with NELSON RIDDLE and prom clips (25 MINUTES MORE) for "Goodbye" and "I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance"... 80 MINUTES TOTAL, very good picture, slight grain / reddish at times. The promo clips are very good. MUST HAVE FOR FANS

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD ARLINGTON THEATER 3/10/84 with nelson riddle orchestra 55 minutes... standards... little reddish on picture...

@

RANDY NEWMAN 1 DVD WITH GUESTS LINDA RONSTADT & RY COODER ODEON NYC 1983 58 minutes, crystal clear... playing for small dinner audience... VINTAGE RANDY NEWMAN... 1. I Love LA, 2. Burn On, 3. Simon Smith & The Amazing Dancing Bear, 4. Marie, 5. Christmas In Capetown, 6. Short People (Linda Ronstadt Introduction), 7. Texas Girl At The Funeral Of Her Father (w/Ronstadt), 8. Linda, 9. A Real Emotional Girl (w/Ronstadt), 10. Rednecks, 11. Guilty, 12. Sail Away (Ry Cooder Introduction), 13. Mama Told Me Not To Come (w/Cooder), 14. Let's Burn Down The Cornfield (w/Cooder), 15. Political Science (Let's Drop The Big One), 16. God's Song, 17. My Life Is Good, 18. Rider In The Rain (w/Ronstadt & Cooder), 19. I Think It's Going To Rain Today

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE DELACORTE THEATER CENTRAL PARK NYC 1980 WITH KEVIN KLINE, LINDA RONSTADT, REX SMITH a live 1980 performance in Central Park, not the 1983 movie of the same name that also starred Linda Ronstadt and Kevin Kline -- 122 minutes, excellent picture --- Advantages of this live performance include a sense of spontaneity, and the feeling of being part of a theatrical audience that is visibly and audibly having a very good time

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD UNIVERSAL AMPHITHEATRE LA 1980 80 minutes, very good picture and sound... linda is at her best here... 1. I Can't Let Go; 2. Party Girl (Elvis Costello cover); 3. It's So Easy; 4. Willin'; 5. I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You); 6. Just One Look; 7. Look Out For My Love; 8. Mad Love; 9. Cost Of Love; 10. Blue Bayou; 11. Lies; 12. Faithless Love; 13. Hurt So Bad; 14. Silver Threads And Golden Needles; 15. Band Introductions; 16. Poor Poor Pitiful Me; 17. You're No Good; 18. How Do I Make You; 19. Back In The USA; 20. Heat Wave; 21. Desperado (Eagles cover).

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD COMPILATION #1 1968 - 1980 100 minutes... Bitter End 68, Johnny Cash Show 6/69, Playboy After Dark 10/69, Playboy After Dark 4/70, Johnny Cash Show 10/70, Johnny Cash Show 2/71, Tv clip 72, Midnight Special 8/72, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert 74, studio Clip 75, Tennessee State Prison 76, New Victoria Theatre 76, In Concert 77, Saturday Night Live 79, In Concert 79, Show 80, Solid Gold 80

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD VICTORIA THEATER LONDON 1977 with time stamp on bottom

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD ROCKPALAST STADTHALLE OFFENBACH GERMANY 11/16/76, excellent picture... 01 Lose Again (3'40''), 02 That'll Be The Day (2'40''), 03 Love Has No Pride (4'25''), 04 Silver Threads And Golden Needles (2'37''), 05 Willin' (3'30''), 06 Guess It Doesn't Matter Anymore (3'55''), 07 When Will I Be Loved (2'20''), 08 Crazy (4'25''), 09 The Tattler (4'05''), 10 Lo Siento Mi Vida (4'00''), 11 Love Is A Rose (2'15''), 12 Hasten Down The Wind (2'05''), 13 Tracks Of My Tears (3'30''), 14 Down So Low (4'05''), 15 Someone To Lay Down Beside Me (4'35''), 16 You're No Good (5'00''), 17 Heat Wave (2'50''), 18 Heart Like A Wheel (3'25''), 19 Desperado (3'45'')... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, MUST HAVE FOR FANS

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD SEATTLE 1976 51 minutes, pro shot, picture varies with reddish spotlight blur here and there but can be pretty good... full menu with song select, 14 songs... that'll be the day, love has no pride, silver threads and golden needles, willin, give one heart, it doesn't matter anymore, when will i be loved, crazy, the tattler, lo siento mi rose, love is a rose, hasten down the wind and tracks of my tears

@

LINDA RONSTADT 2 DVD VIDEO COMPILATION 1969 - 1994 161 total min... DISC 1: 1. Walking Down The Line (Playboy After Dark '69); 2. Living Like A Fool (Playboy '69); 3. Long Long Time (Johnny Cash Show '70); 4. Lovesick Blues (Playboy '69); 5. Long Long Time (Playboy '69); 6. She's A Very Lovely Woman (Johnny Cash '71); 7. You're No Good (American Bandstand '76); 8. Long Long Time (Midnight Special '72); 9. When Will I Be Loved (Cher Show '75); 10. Blue Bayou (Atlanta '77); 11. How Do I Make You (promo video '80); 12. Silver Threads... (Don Kirshner's Rock Concert '74); 13. Desperado (Kirshner '74); 14. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Kirshner '74); 15. Desperado (Tennessee State Prison '74); 16. You're No Good (TN SP '74); 17. Love Has No Pride (TN SP '74); 18. Silver Threads... (TN SP '74); 19. The Shoop Shoop Song (Saturday Night Live '79); 20. The Married Men (SNL '79); 21. Blue Bayou (The Muppet Show '80); 22. The Shoop Shoop Song (Muppets '80); 23. When I Grow Too Old To Dream (Muppets '80); (75 min); DISC 2: 1. Long Long Time (Bobby Darin Show '70); 2. Long Long Time (Johnny Cash '70); 3. Only Mama That'll Walk The Line (JC '69); 4. I Will Never Marry (JC '69); 5. She's A Very Lovely Woman (JC '71); 6. Walking Down The Line (Playboy '69); 7. Living Like A Fool (Playboy '69); 8. Different Drum (Bitter End, New York '68); 9. One For One (BE - NY '68); 10. New Hard Times (BE - NY '68); 11. Tracks Of My Tears (promo video '75); 12. Interview / What's New (Letterman '83); 13. Oh No, Not My Baby (Letterman '94); 14. Hey Daddy (Nelson Riddle '84); 15. Mister Sandman (Riddle '84); 16. Kalamazoo (Riddle '84); 17. Dream (Riddle '84); 18. Take Me Back To The Right Track (Riddle '84); 19. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Kirshner '74); 20. When Will I Be Loved (Kirshner '74); 21. Heart Like A Wheel (Kirshner '74); 22. You're No Good (Kirshner '74); 23. You Can Close Your Eyes (Kirshner '74); 24. Silver Threads... (Kirshner '74); 25. Under African Skies (Paul Simon/SNL '87); 26. Short biography of Ronstadt from CMT's "40 Greatest Women Of Country Music"; (86 min).

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD COMPILATION #1 1968 - 1980 100 minutes... Bitter End 68, Johnny Cash Show 6/69, Playboy After Dark 10/69, Playboy After Dark 4/70, Johnny Cash Show 10/70, Johnny Cash Show 2/71, Tv clip 72, Midnight Special 8/72, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert 74, studio Clip 75, Tennessee State Prison 76, New Victoria Theatre 76, In Concert 77, Saturday Night Live 79, In Concert 79, Show 80, Solid Gold 80

@

BEST OF THE JOHNNY CASH SHOW 1 DVD 100 minutes, crystal clear -- THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL 2 DVD RELEASE -- very little overlap with that, lots of other clips. INCLUDES songs with the monkees, roy clark, carl perkins, joni mitchell has 5 songs on this, jose feliciano, linda ronstadt, stevie wonder, roy orbison, ccr, joe south, bob dylan, derek & the dominoes (eric clapton), a great jam with carl perkins, johnny and derek & the dominoes... that's about as classic as you can get... and more

@

LINDA RONSTADT 1 DVD Playboy After Dark – Hugh Hefner Host - Smokey Robinson, Fleetwood Mac Blues Band, Grateful Dead, Grass Roots, Sonny & Cher, OC Smith, Brent Wood, James Brown, Deep Purple, Linda Ronstadt, & more

@

LINDA RONSTADT 2 CD & EMMYLOU HARRIS KESWICK THEATRE GLENSIDE PA 9/30/99... Disc 1: 1. Loving The Highway Man, 2. For A Dancer, 3. Raise The Dead, 4. Icy Blue Heart, 5. High Sierra, 6. Valerie, 7. All I Left Behind, 8. Blue Bayou, 9. 1917, 10. Heavenly Shore, 11. Orphan Girl, 12. This Is To Mother You, 13. John The Baptist, 14. Telling Me Lies, 15. Hello Stranger, 16. He Was Mine, 17. Sweet Spot, 18. Western Wall; DISC 2: 1. It Doesn't Matter Anymore, 2. When We Ran, 3. Pancho & Lefty, 4. Sisters Of Mercy, 5. Falling Down, 6. Going Back To Harlan, 7. (Talk To Me Of) Mendocino, 8. Heart Like A Wheel, 9. Wheels, 10. Born To Run, 11. Feels Like Home, 12. The Sweetest Gift, 13. Bring It On Home To Me (w/Phoebe Snow), 14. Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.

14. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Yes, that's really her...

15. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

heh, I saw that Glenside show. There is a nice soundboard recording of that tour from San Francisco.

Culpa and Paperback Writer like this.
  16. Paperback Writer

WoW! Thanks for that great, detailed list!

17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Where are these available?

18. Paperback Writer

scousette and Grand_Ennui like this.
  19. Trace

Trace Senior Member

20. chicofishhead

chicofishhead Forum Resident

I'd love to see this whole show, from 1975 when her cousin David Lindley played in the band. I wonder if the entire set exists, or just the songs that were broadcast on Saturday Night live with Howard Cosell.

21. One of my photos of Linda at Winterland 73 opening for Neil Young

[​IMG]

22. Paperback Writer

SURPRISE!!!

That was my reaction when I found this YouTube of The Rolling Stones and Linda Ronstadt singing Tumblin' Dice, live in concert

Catch the humorous comments from Jagger at the start and the great pictures from the concert, throughout, I haven't seen these before.

This BEGS for a clean mix/clear sound audio formCD.

Mark Wilson and budwhite like this.
  23. William Barty

William Barty Forum Resident

The 1980 HBO special (Los Angeles 8/24/80) is on Youtube. Search for "Ronstadt HBO"

There are also full shows from Atlanta 1977 and Offenbach, Germany 1976 (Rockpalast) on Youtube.

24. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

My no good?

Simon A and Paperback Writer like this.
  25. Paperback Writer

budwhite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.