Was achim reichel known in the US ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by abor1g, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abor1g

abor1g Forum Resident Thread Starter

just listening to the gem of Achim Reichel "Echo" from 1971 and went to do a little survey on allmusic, and got surprised to see that there were NO comments/notation on ANY Achim Reichel...

was it completely unknown ?

bzfgt likes this.
  2. Never heard of him until right now.

deege3000 and Rufus McDufus like this.
  3. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

Beyond some Krautrock/electronic music aficionados possibly picking up an A.R. Machines record, I don't think he was known over here (or that his records saw US release). Even Tangerine Dream was pretty underground over here until they started recording for Virgin.

McLover likes this.
  4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Who?

Chemguy and Michael P like this.
  5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Senior Member

Well, there is a reasonably-detailed biography...but I'll join the others in saying I've never heard of him.

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

I think that the only thing that I own featuring him is the 1975 live LP by Michael Chapman called Pleasures of the Street. It was only released in Germany back in the day on the Nova label. A few years back it was finally issued in the UK (by Voiceprint, I think).

Cheers,
    Chris

7. abor1g

perfect answer :laugh:

i could not imagine TD was unknown... hehehe and if they were, there is no reason Achim Reichel was known ...

for info , u can get Echo on the website of Doug Larson which contains a lot of other krautrock gems.

and here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-gBEyNbpY

8. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

isnt our Eroc remastering all his classic early seventies stuff? Echo is great, I have a needle drop of it, I think none of this has ever been officially released (?) I have a Germanofon boot of the live 1973 Erholung, which is awesome...the Echo release is a bootleg as well, btw...

9. glea

glea Forum Resident

I was told to seek out his music by Eno, when we interviewed him i 1975. I only found some of his stuff in the last few years.

abor1g likes this.
  10. abor1g

really ? do u mean that the copies we see at times on ebay are boots ?
    there are 2 presently ... at very high prices. ref # : 1972 Polydor 2633 003 German issue

11. Eroc

Eroc Active Member

I did all of Achim's albums inluding "Gruene Reise", except the early ones like Echoes and A&R machines and all that stuff @ 1970. These I'll be donig probably later this year or early next year. For all remasterings I had the original analog tapes here.

If you wanna know what I did so far just look at www.eroc.de, then switch to Mastering Ranch and then go to "Productions" on the radio-scale below. There you have 'em all...

- Eroc

12. Faust3D

Faust3D Sick of it all

Who is re-releasing these on CD?

13. elvotix

elvotix Forum Resident

i purchased A.R. IV & Autovision when they were new releases, long gone to who knows where.

liked A.R. IV quite a bit back then. probably picked them up at Radio 437 or Zoundz in Philly, or possibly at WeeThree Records at the MacDade Mall, which had great KrautRock selections in their import bins.

zphage likes this.
  14. Eroc

Eroc Active Member

I think it's Indigo Records...

- Eroc

klockwerk likes this.
  15. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Any news of the early albums being released?Ive been listening to echo every day for 2 weeks now since i discovered it,would love a official cd.:love:

16. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

"Erholung" is a fantastic album!

17. Eroc

Eroc Active Member

I talked about this to Achim when he was doing a gig close by in November: he said he still wants to re-release his A&R Machines stuff in the near future. But there are negociations and problems still going on with the record companies, so it may take some more time.

- Eroc

Attached Files:

18. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Cool ,thanks for the reply.

19. Tensilversaxes

Tensilversaxes Well-Known Member

Any new updates on a legit Echoes release?

20. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

They should make a big box with the original A.R. & Machines albums, plus other Reichel/Dostal projects like the Wonderland album (Achim does Zappa), the Frankie Dymon Jr. album (Achim does psychedelic funk) or the Propeller (70s pop rock) and Megaton (Achim does Zeppelin) LPs. Plus the Blues Gesangsverein single. All recorded with the same musicians at around the same time.

zphage and rcdupre like this.
  21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No, basically entirely unknown in the US.

But to make this thread relevant to the Beatles, his band, The Rattles, opened for the Beatles on their final European tour.

bzfgt likes this.
  22. Eroc

Eroc Active Member

I had a long phone call with Achim last week. He is totally amazed about the success of our recently released Grobschnitt Box 79:10, which shot straight into the German album charts and was sold out two weeks after it's release. He is thinking of making a complete big box about his musical life, too. I recommended Universal Music to him. So maybe there might be something to be expected in the future....

- Eroc

rcdupre and citizensmurf like this.
  23. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

Bear Family might be interested, too (they did the complete Wonderland on vinyl years ago, and the complete Ougenweide on CD was also great).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.