We had to remove the BEATLES SACD April Fool's joke thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Dream Beatles SACD...Stereo/Mono/5.1/ all on one SACD! or DVD-A...they can also throw in the some unique single mixes -and- it would all FIT...

2. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Better shot at that than any DC5 catalog stuff anytime soon....what the hell is wrong with him I just can't fathom...but the very fact all this work was put into this relatively inexpensive DVD set should be proof enough it's got to happen not too far down the road.

Hope that makes Mikey happy when he logs back in; earlier today, I thought he was going to implode, poor guy. He was only one I read in the removed thread that was genuinely angry at being deceived. But I do understand his disappointment, and pain...doesn't every Beatle lover?:love:

ED:cool:

3. Michael

The state of the DC5 catalog is a joke! Give me a break Mr. Clark! I'm stuck listening to a CDR of DC5 in STEREO and ya know what? It BLOWS away the legit MONO stuff! Come on Mr. Clark, WE LOVE your stuff...give us what we crave...STEREO! Or even better STEREO/MONO 2 Fers!!! Yes!!!No disrespect intended...What's with these Big British acts and their catalogs? :laugh:

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Ed, I also smelled a joke when Bob Ludwig's name was mentioned!

I cannot believe people did not bother to tread the whole thing!

5. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member

No offense, but that's kind of funny.

6. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

Dash it all,man.A cruel hoax.

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I figured it out when they spelled Steve's name wrong.

Why can't the world do a 'phone in campaign over a week to the offices of EMI or someone? That would work, you know. No one would want to admit to holding up the project because they wanted a bigger slice of the pie.

And we'll get remasters as good as "Beatles 1".

'sigh'...

8. Grant

That thread, and all those phone calls and e-mails should make Apple and EMI take notice! We want the bloody catalog remastered, NOW!

I want them on hybrid SACD, too!

We also want the mono versions made available!

9. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Someone send a copy to Neil Aspinall. :D

10. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

If you wanna get sued, they will!!!

11. Ed Bishop

Don't be ridiculous, Mikey; you missed the joke, just admit it and have done with it. With one of these:)

As Michael pointed out, don't we all want it to be true?:angel:

12. RetroSmith

Why?

13. RetroSmith

14. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I was taken in myself until I read the part about the dvd bonus. I even said bullsh*t outloud! When I got to the Bob Ludwig part I really started to doubt it, then I read the rest of the post like most people do. I think AKA forgot to mention Fools Holland as a co-producer. I was amazed when I came back later to read the responses and found the thread was gone.

Was there any report of this on other websites or newscasts? Makes me wonder if the Gorts had to take off work again to clear this up.

15. Michael

I would have fallen for it if it was posted on another date...BEATLES/APRIL FOOL'S...A dead giveaway! Twas perfectly written though! When and if it comes to pass...has to be on Hybreds...I want options!

16. sgraham

sgraham New Member

I'm curious: Why did everybody get suspicious about Robert Ludwig? Didn't he have something to do with the Red and Blue albums, at least in this country? I don't see why it's impossible to think he'd be the one.

I have to admit I was disappointed when I got to the credits and found it was a hoax. And like some others, I wondered if we'd get both stereo and mono plus new mixes, or just the same old thing with possibly better sound.

17. Grant

No.

18. Ed Bishop

Maybe because EMI doesn't hire the Bob Ludwig's of the world when they have their own 'regulars' make a mess of things. Sorry, history and my collection tells me so.

19. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Wow. What I meant to be a lighthearted prank took on a life of its own. I had no idea this forum had so much power.

Cool!

20. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

No...it's you baby! :D :D :D

Great prank!

21. Ed Bishop

Yes, well.......we do have something going on here, don't we?

And a classic reminder...be careful what you wish for....

All that said.....great, great piece o' work.

ED:cool: :D

22. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

What took me in was how closely this resembled an actual "catalog overhaul" press release. The wording was perfect! I too was very excited (and in the back of my mind I was trying to figure out how much this was going to cost me!:laugh: ) I love a good joke and this was the best joke anyone has played on me in some time.

"Don't You Think The Joker Laughs At You".... Ho Ho Ho -He He He- Ha Ha Ha"

23. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

As I had pointed out in my response on the original thread, I had already started to plan saving some $ so that I could get the DVD bonus disks before they went out of print. Excellent job, AKA; I was genuinely reeled in!

Does anyone remember during the first "fuel crisis" 1973(?) when Johnny Carson announced that Toilet paper was going to be in short supply? The next day many supermarket shelves were cleared out by consumers hoarding dozens of rolls! It is shocking how powerful the media is!

24. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I was almost going to pull a similar prank over at A&M Corner about the entire Tijuana Brass catalog being released and remastered. But after realizing one or two of our rather...ummm...unstable regulars would probably not take it too well (or take it *way* too seriously) when they found out it was a hoax, I ditched the idea.

But it had crossed my mind. :D Good one AKA!

25. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

Is it possible this was a press release from the Rolling Stones ABKCO catalog overhaul that was re-worded, strictly to break my heart?!

I still think it was an all-time classic April Fool's prank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.