"Weird Al" Yankovic Complete Works box set*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brownd, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Cool, thanks!

2. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

I was hoping for Chicken Pot Pie. Did he even record it or did he just send the lyrics to Paul and Linda (McCartney)?

3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think he probably just sent them the lyriics and asked for their approval. When he didn't get it, I imagine he decided to make it a concert-only song.

Brownd, applejam101 and JediJoker like this.
  4. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I see that he re-recorded "Happy Birthday" (the third time he's recorded it). I truly wish he would have re-recorded "Another One Rides The Bus" in the bass-thumping style of the original Queen song. Can you imagine Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz and Steve Jay locking in on that one!!!!

John Bliss, whisper3978 and Brownd like this.
  5. Brownd

Brownd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Email from the Legacy newsletter:

JediJoker likes this.
  6. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

So I see on the Pledge site for the box, it says this:

On release date, a very limited number of sets will be made available to the public at retail until they run out. Once those are sold, there will be no further sales, anywhere.

Has anyone seen anything from other vendors stating they will be selling this? I definitely want to order it but I tend to think that other retailers are going to be selling the vinyl set for cheaper than $300.

I also notice now on the Pledge site it states exactly how many are left. 215 for the Vinyl set as of now.

7. The Hud

If you want the set, you should order it from the Pledge site. The odds of a store near you getting a copy are slim to none.

JediJoker, Galley and AlanDistro like this.
  8. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I just cancelled this order because I am afraid that it will be toooo loud!!!

9. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Probably a mistake. There's another thread that reviews the recent iTunes remasters of all his albums. Many of the newer albums that were smashed on the CD are mastered so much better. You have to assume the same remasters will be used for the set though.

10. therockman

I would hope so. I don't want to be disappointed. I hope to talk to someone tomorrow.

11. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Looks like it was HDTracks, not iTunes (just so no one is confused later).

12. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

I bought every album from HDTracks, they are all good, double digit DR numbers for almost every track, even for the late stuff like Alpocolypse and most of Mandatory Fun (a couple here dip to 8, but still way better than the redbook). The only thing that sounded slightly off to me was Dare To Be Stupid, the title track had some weird noise in it that is not on my original CD. Other than that, I am super excited for the accordion box holding all that vinyl (and have been enjoying the new remasters for months from HDTracks). :)

Sammy Waslow and therockman like this.
  13. therockman

Thanks guys. I am going to cancel my cancellation and keep my order open.

14. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I’ll just throw it out there that I received a shipping email and tracking number from PledgeMusic for my CD box set this afternoon. USPS Media Mail. Mine is coming out of Addison, TX so maybe only three days until I have it. It’s been a long wait; this’ll be exciting.

Runicen and The Hud like this.
  15. The Hud

Sweet! My Mom bought me one for my birthday, I will have to ask her if she got a shipping notification.

16. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

Anxiously awaiting my shipping confirmation on the vinyl set. They've shipped the turntable mat though.....lol.

17. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Both my CD set and magnet have shipped. Awaiting delivery!

18. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

I received shipping confirmation on the CD set 3 days ago, but no movement on the tracking.

19. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

The only parodies he made but didn't end up releasing were the early demos like "Still Billy Joel" or "Pac-man" and then later with "You're Beautiful" which he initially had permission before he was denied permission. And then "Perform This Way" where Lady Gaga's people insisted he record the song for them to hear after which they denied his request before eventually getting the go ahead from Lady Gaga personally. Other than that he didn't want to waste time and resources recording a song that wasn't going to be released.

20. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

A lot of the parades he wrote but didn't get permission for ended up as concert-only songs (Free Delivery, I'll Repair For You, Gee I'm A Nerd, etc).

MikaelaArsenault and JediJoker like this.
  21. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Right, definitely, but the question was asked about a studio recording of Chicken Pot Pie so I was commenting on that. I'm sure a lot of times he would just submit a set of lyrics or even a general summary of song.

22. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just got shipping confirmation on my vinyl box set!!!

23. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I received shipping confirmation and a tracking number on Nov. 14 yet the USPS is still awaiting the item. A little disappointing.

JediJoker and Juggsnelson like this.
  24. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

That is a little upsetting!

25. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.