Weird iPhoto problem with Carl The Singing Donut Opera picture

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by head_unit, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

This is on a 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB RAM, OS 10.5.8, iPhoto '08 (ver 7.1.5).

Mounted the Memory Stick Adaptor, it came up in iPhoto showing all the picutres, including DSC01927.JPG. Wanted to rename that, so went to the desktop and into the stick itself and renamed it "DSC01927 Carl The Singing Donut Opera.JPG" (so the name would carry over to an external drive, where I back up by date, not how iPhoto does it).

Name did not change in iPhoto. Hmmm. Why not? Ejected the stick, remounted it. Name still has not changed in iPhoto. ???

Imported All- "Could Not Import." Did "Import To Library" and selected it from the stick, still fails. Copied to desktop from stick, then imported OK.

Any clues what the heck happened? I don't understand why the name wouldn't change, especially after I re-mounted the stick, and why it wouldn't import (but then is fine from the desktop).

Bonus question: in the Finder, when I tried to search the stick for "01927" it would not find it. Why is that? I was pointing right at the directory, and even re-searched with "name contains"...

As for Carl, I'll try to post his picture when I get a chance to see my other thread about posting in-line, and figure out how to rescale him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.