Welcome all new members to the Steve Hoffman Music Forums! Please read this first.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Fred G

Fred G New Member

Lol Great stuff my 2nd post

2. davip7

davip7 New Member

Hello All;

The SH forum has been my go-to site for many years to check the mastering, SQ, and peak-levels of CD releases before jumping in (i.e., one of "the lurkers"), and I'm joining today to offer my thanks -- and to float a burning question / proposition for our Host and his members.
    [Mod: "burning" and lengthy post belongs in a thread of its own]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  3. Mitchy

Mitchy New Member

G'day, i love these forums, have quickly become my favourite music forum online.

thanks to Steve,
    Cheers

4. mr.steelydan

mr.steelydan New Member

Is there a way to search within a thread? (Other than using Control+F on each page of the thread)

5. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Resident

Yes, check the Search this thread only box

MYKE likes this.
  6. mr.steelydan

mr.steelydan New Member

The NoScript extension in Firefox kept the "search extensions" (pop up window) hidden from me. Now I have it - thanks for the informative reply!

7. Emospence

Emospence Member

I'm new here, still trying to qualify for access to the Marketplace.. People here have been really helpful so far!

:righton:

Clanceman likes this.
  8. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

"Please" "ban" "the" "use" "of" "unnecessary" ""double" "quotes"". "Thanks"

9. Beachtraveler

Beachtraveler Member

Love the handle! Heading to Vegas this weekend to see them. :tiphat:

10. Zyreenjen Asignacion

Zyreenjen Asignacion New Member

Hi! I'm new here at this site I hope we can get along with music well. :)

11. Zyreenjen Asignacion

Zyreenjen Asignacion New Member

I didn't yet supply my gear when I was editing my profile because I'm not really familiar with it I guess. But I Love music so much. I sing too that's why. I love listening to every song no matter what genre they are.

12. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Right on fellow sci-fi nerd brother!:cool:

13. strummer101

strummer101 Forum Resident

Welcome!
    :tiphat:

14. detroit muscle

detroit muscle Forum Resident

Long standing members should re-read this on occasion. And I can only apologised for my transgressions that have occurred from time to time.

Beachtraveler likes this.
  15. chromium

chromium New Member

Hello,
    I've been using this forum the past 18 months or so to check how good/laughable new vinyl reissues were, so I thought it was high time I did the right thing, man up and register. Spent almost 7 hours yesterday reading older and newer topics, I can already tell this forum is going to cut into my online battle-ship league time.

Beachtraveler and strummer101 like this.
  16. remover

remover New Member

Hi, I am a long time lurker, but finally joined. Have learned so much about so much music I didn't know about from you all, thank you!

strummer101 likes this.
  17. Starrfox1

Starrfox1 New Member

Hi, new on the forum. How do I add an avatar?

18. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Hover over your member name in the upper right corner and a drop down box will appear. Select Personal Details. there will be an option there to change your avatar. You need to have reached a certain number of posts before you can select one though.

19. DJ Moch

DJ Moch New Member

Hello there. I'm new to the board, though I've lurked here for a while, and decided to take the plunge and join. My name is Emile, I'm from Ontario, Canada. I'm a huge fan of music in general. I am also an amateur remixer (my screen name is my particular remixer name, DJ Moch). I've been doing it as a hobby since 2000, when I started with simple re-edits. I've since moved on to seeking out the bits and pieces to completely reconstruct and extend songs in my own way, keeping the spirit of the original and bringing out the best in it. Looking foward to learning more about the music I love.