What are the "Revolving door" positions in notable groups?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by broccolid, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Whoever the current "Mrs MES" is, is generally a "permanent" fixture in The Gruppe

2. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Santana. Everyone but Carlos pretty much. But especially vocals, bass & keys

3. oshfr

oshfr Forum Resident

The Cure

Keyboards, Drums, Lead Guitar, Bass (twice)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  4. Seederman

Seederman Forum Resident

Blood Sweat And Tears have seen 150 members come and go, in pretty much every position.

And when did Bo Bice become the lead singer of BS&T?!?

5. vinylphile

vinylphile Forum Resident

Black Sabbath - vocalists

Yes - everyone except Chris Squire

Guns n Roses - everyone except Axl Rose

6. klaatuhf

klaatuhf Forum Resident

Zappa went through quite a few players in 20 years?

7. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

the more I look at their wikipedia band member listing it is boggling! Make that EVERY instrument, including second guitar, congas, percussion etc....

8. joefont

joefont Senior Member

Fairport Convention - Everyone but Simon Nicol. :D And even he left the building for a while!

9. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Yeah he did have a stint in '66, and he did return in '78 but only briefly (it was mentioned in Hasted's bio, as well as Jovanovic', IIRC...I've reviewed both on my site). I think it was to mop up some bass tracks on Misfits but that was it.

10. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

King Crimson: everybody except Robert Fripp (although some members had hung around for a while, like Bill Bruford)

11. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

Kiss - lead guitarists

12. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

And drummers. Mentioned both earlier.

13. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Any Ritchie Blackmore band.

I'm surprised Candice is still hangin' around.

No I'm not.

14. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

You forgot to mention about that "revolving door, cheese flavored, jukebox tribute act which has one original member", they have a member who's been with them since 1965 but quit the band in 1971, only to return in 1979.

15. oldsurferdude

oldsurferdude Forum Resident

Nope, the Br00thster isn't a Beach Boy-not a corporate member of the band.

16. The Jefferson Airplane - The Jefferson Starship- Starship good luck figuring this one out. Lets just say with Kanter leaving and coming back everyone and everthing

17. -Molly Hatchet- - singers - drummers - guitars - Keyboards- Lynyrd Skynyrd- guitars - drummers - keyboards

18. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Yep, Kim Shattuck was their bassist last year. Think she was let go during the tour. On the sunny side, that means we're getting a new album by her group The Muffs and perhaps a tour!

19. melstapler

NRBQ has had some crazy lineup changes. Keyboardist Terry Adams is the only original/constant member and that's because he owns legal rights to use the name NRBQ, since his brother invented the band name in the first place. The current touring/recording lineup is Terry with a revolving door of younger musicians. However, Joey Spampinato, Big Al Anderson and Johnny Spampinato usually join together to perform special shows where they play the NRBQ essentials. Usually, The Spampinato Brothers' band will Open for Big Al Anderson, then they all come out for the NRBQ thing.

Fullbug likes this.
  20. melstapler

The Paul Collins Beat are basically Paul Collins with a new lineup of younger musicians. Original guitarist Larry Whitman passed away in the 1990s and the drummer Mike Ruiz works in an entirely different industry.

21. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

I know he's on "In A Foreign Land" but I thought that's cos it was a "Sleepwalker" outtake.. the Misfits album/period seems to be very confusing in terms of the rhythm section, with a few sessions guys being tried out on bass and in place of Avory as well. The future line up seemed to be somewhat up in the air until they reconvened to tour later in 78 with Rodford on bass.

DrBeatle likes this.
  22. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

The Wedding Present / Cinerama.... David Gedge never seems to hang on to anybody for long; the constant tinkering with the line-up started to get a bit silly, tbh...

23. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Agreed, it's odd how Avory, depending on who you read, either "couldn't cut it anymore," "lost confidence in his drumming," or "simply couldn't be bothered." Yet he was their drummer for another 6 years, AND both Ray and Dave have said that the band was never the same after he left. Weird.

24. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

LA Guns - Everything

[​IMG]

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Zeroninety

Zeroninety Forum Resident

Well, Alan White's had a solid hold on the drummer spot since 1972, even with Bruford's brief return during the Union lineup. Must be frustrating to be in a band for more than forty years, and still have much of the fanbase regard you as "the new guy" and "the fill-in." Of course, it doesn't help that some of their set lists in the last several years have at times included almost nothing White drummed on originally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.