What artist/band are you currently addicted to?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OldSoul, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winojunko76

winojunko76 Forum Resident

Temples.

mando_dan likes this.
  2. I'm really digging the R&B/Soul sounds of St. Paul and the Broken Bones

3. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The Strypes
    and
    The Muggs

junk likes this.
  4. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

For some reason, I jumped into Jesus Jones' "Perverse" yesterday. I had such a great time listening to it that I went and ordered pretty much their entire library that I owned, ripped and traded in.

Rodz42 likes this.
  5. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Rob Zombie right now. I'm going through his back catalogue and seeing what all I missed with some of his albums + White Zombie.

6. bluej

bluej Senior Member

For the past year or so it's been Guided by Voices, along with the Grateful Dead (for about 2 years).

-Simon (bluej's son)

Erik B. likes this.
  7. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

Scottish folkie Alasdair Roberts

8. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

I was just listening to Farewell Sorrow a few days ago, and think I kind of like the idea of what he is doing better than the actual results. Not sure yet, I'm still kinda new to him. What's your favorite right now?

Right now I'm pretty much addicted to the Willard Grant Conspiracy Ghost Republic record I just posted about in a couple places here today. Great music, great sound ... http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/looking-back-on-2013-a-few-months-later.345871/#post-10434758

9. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Jerry Garcia Band

Erik B. likes this.
  10. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

A Wonder Working Stone, by far, although I like all of them. It's a bit more electric and it rocks at times. Of course I am big into things like Incredible String Band, the various Albion projects, Steeleye, Fairport, etc etc so this is simply another rung up in the ladder of time for British Isles neo-traditional folk and folk-rock stuff AFAIC.

I do really like Farewell Sorrow quite a bit. No Earthly Man is very grim stuff (being his interpretations of old murder ballads and such) but simply beautiful in its way--as balladry can be, even when the subject matter is less than joyous! the Amber Gatherers is the most recent one I've been listening to. All original songs. My least favorite so far has been Too Long In This Condition, but even that has a number of very good things on it.

Like much great music it sometimes takes a few listens to get in synch with it. That said, Wonder Working Stone nailed me right out of the box. Let me know if you make any headway with his stuff.

One big benefit is that all of his stuff is recorded quite well, very well in fact.

11. junk

junk Hellion

Yes! I saw The Strypes on Letterman the other night. I thought they were very good. I've been meaning to check out some more of their stuff. Any suggestions?

12. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

They only have one full CD out so far -- "Snapshot". It's a great album that unfortunately suffers from poor, loud mastering, but still worth repeated listenings. I think the best suggestion is just go on youtube and type in their name, and first watch the great official music videos posted there. Then check out some of their other UK TV appearances posted, and also some of the great professionally filmed live clips from big festival this past summer. Youtube has hours of fantastic quality video of The Strypes posted.
    :cheers:

littlelambdragonfly and junk like this.
  13. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

Of late .... Thievery Corporation, just picked up Radio Retaliation and Saudade to add to the collection.

14. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

Yea, thanks, he does seem like someone I could grow to like a lot, guess I just had a little different idea about his music.

15. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

Willie

16. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Which one?

17. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

For several weeks now, I've been listening to The History of Rock & Roll Radio Program with Bill Drake on home made CD's and I became addicted to the following major artists:

Elvis Presley
    Bill Haley & His Comets
    Buddy Holly
    Carl Perkins
    The Dave Clark 5
    Peter, Paul & Mary
    The Platters
    The Chiffons
    Connie Francis
    The Everly Brothers
    The Drifters
    Chubby Checker

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    MikeyP likes this.
  18. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Cream - just listened to Wheels of Fire earlier today. Planning on listening to the other three over the weekend.

19. Comet01

Comet01 Forum Resident

Gato Barbieri - The Flying Dutchman and Impulse years.

20. ruben lopez

ruben lopez Nunc Est Bibendum

21. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Right now - Quicksilver Messenger Service.

Pretty much going through all of their albums this week.

22. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

The continue the TC vein I also just picked up a number of titles from TC's other project Eighteenth Street Lounge including:
    • Jet Society
    • Modular Systems (I really like)
    • Easy Tempo

23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

24. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

25. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Now and for the last 5 months or so: Grateful Dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.