What Beatles mixes are you listening to lately? Mono, Stereo or Remixes?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bherbert, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident Thread Starter

After getting rid of my Beatles 1987 catalogue this year I bought the mono cd box. I enjoy it and listen to it now and then. However, I’m mostly listening to Beatles remixes on cd these days. What mixes are you listening to lately?

DK Pete likes this.
  2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Mono, except for Side 1 of Help!

3. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

Pepper remix was one of the big albums for me this year. Definitely a very enjoyable alternative in my opinion, although I suppose the original stereo mix will always be my "official" version. As long as nothing gets deleted from the catalogue, I have no problem with the remix standing alongside the original stereo/mono mixes.

4. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

All 3. I listened to Please Please Me in stereo, the other day, mono today and a few days ago, to my surprise, I very much enjoyed the Yellow Submarine Songtrack.

5. tiger roach

tiger roach Forum Resident

I'm a big fan of the mono box. Last weekend though I rediscovered the Yellow Submarine "Songtrack" which is remixed, and had a good time listening to it.

905, Keith V and Adam9 like this.
  6. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

All of it including some fan remixes/tweaks.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Stereo. Mono and Remix are closely following though.

forthlin likes this.
  8. MoonPool

MoonPool Senior Member

A mixture of all three, depending on the song.

dlokazip and Mister Charlie like this.
  9. Dmann201

Dmann201 Forum Resident

Almost exclusively the mono box set ever since it came out.

Blue Note likes this.
  10. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Ive had all three on this week alone, including the yellow submarine songtrack as well. Funny how others have had that on too. Along with mono help, pepper remix, revolver mono and -2/-1 abbey rd its been a very beatley week.

11. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

All of them. Plus all the officially released bbc recordings (and the 50 unreleased that is in reasonable quality) add all the officially outtakes and some not official released stuff. The same with live recordings. Then throw in the unique US mixes, and all othr alternate stereo mixes and a couple of my own.

About 1300 Beatles tracks.

All on shuffle play. Almost always shuffle play.

12. Sun King

Sun King New Member

Mono. I’m used to the tight mono mixes. No remix can beat them in my opinion.

john lennonist and aphexj like this.
  13. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Mono and Stereo. I've been playing The U.S. Albums and listening to them each in both stereo and mono. Quite a nice experience.

14. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Still listening to all of them, plus all the bbc stuff and live stuff and select bootlegs. On shuffle play.

bherbert likes this.
  15. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Mono is the way to go
    Stereo-sities are curiosities
    Remixes lose the mojo

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  16. Mix of mono and stereo. I haven't listened a lot to Yellow Submarine Songtrack or the Anthology CDs recently and didn't bother to pick up the Sgt Pepper 50th anniversary set, therefore I haven't voted for remixes.

17. dbacon

dbacon Senior Member

My “go to “ version is the original stereo mix for all albums with the following exceptions:

Yellow Submarine Songtrack remix of Nowhere Man & Elenor Rigby

New stereo remix of Sgt Pepper

On occasion I will go to mono Revolver & Pepper (less so for Pepper since the remix came out).

18. Jim Foy

Jim Foy Forum Resident

I prefer the mono mixes but like most of the stereo mixes too.
    I have never really cared for remixes as they were made much later and with no Beatle involvement.

19. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

I was listening to the 2017 remix of Sgt Pepper, trying to decide if I like, which I do, and trying to decide if I want the 24/96 download (not sure on that yet).

bherbert likes this.
  20. dalem5467

dalem5467 Forum Resident

Always stereo.

Michael and bherbert like this.
  21. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

I guess since the stereo Beatles are what I have been playing since 1967 as a kid I cannot listen to Mono too long except for the curious moments and alternate mixes.
    Mono for Some pre 1966 but stereo all the way.
    I cannot listen to Strawberry FF or Beach Boys Wouldn't it be nice, but many Herb Tjb Sound great in mono but still prefer stereo. Take care John M.
    Sorry for other groups, showing that stereo in most cases is DNA..

bherbert likes this.
  22. LouieG

LouieG Forum Resident

My Beatles core library is assembled from many sources: remix albums, red and blue albums, and regular albums. Early songs like I Want To Hold Your Hand haven’t benefitted too much from remixing and remastering, but tracks like Paperback Writer and Lady Madonna are vastly superior in their remixed versions.

bherbert likes this.
  23. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Between the Anthology DVDs (&CD), 1+ CD & Blu Ray, Love, Naked, MMT DVD, Rockband mixes, Hollywood Bowl, Submarine Songtrack, and Pepper 50th, there are now scores of quality remixes available. That's mostly what I listen to these days.

bherbert and maui jim like this.
  24. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Always a mix of the three for me.

The Pepper 50th being the highlight of the past year, I continue to enjoy it, and it is now my "go to" for appreciating the artwork that is Sgt Pepper.

Alongside those, I continue to enjoy the 1 remixes (mostly via video viewing) and a mixture of the stereo/fake stereo/mono US albums (which I typically gravitate to for individual album listens).

Shaddam IV likes this.
  25. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Have done the same as you, but now been back to mono vinyl. Was in Japan and picked up red vinyl Rubber Soul and WA.
    Also regular black vinyl of No 5 and Beatles 2nd in Japan.

Shaddam IV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.