What causes this interesting pressing

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by richbdd01, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just got the latest reissue (Chris Bellman cut) of Neil Young's 'Harvest' as i really like the other reissues in the series. The record appears to be pressed at Pallas and is visually perfect, although it has a strange anomaly. I noticed when i looked at the vinyl first time that it has some dark areas which just looks like parts of the album that are quieter if you know what i mean. When i put it on the platter, it gives this interesting effect....

Anyone have any ideas what it is? I havent had a chance to do any critical listening yet as my flatmate is still in but playing at low volume, it seemed to sound quite nice. Any ideas what it is anyway or if anyone else has this. I havent noticed it before and its mainly out of curiousity than anything. Its is a lot clearer and obvious in person but this is the best i could do with my camera/light.

Cheers

Rich

2. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Dont all answer at once

MrRom92 likes this.
  3. Captain Wiggette

Captain Wiggette Forum Resident

Can't really see (or hear) much in the video. Just looks like a record playing to me.

What causes that interesting effect? Well, I guess somebody probably put the record on.

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I don't think we know what you mean. Nor does anything look out of the ordinary to me.

5. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

You mean the narrow dark bands? Probably just some streaky vinyl.

6. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

Sometimes the music itself will create these bands, like you mentioned. The patterns on some LP's are quite apparent.

jupiterboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.