What CD's have the best sounding Beatles?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris Desjardin, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

I am not looking for official CD's, but rather the Fabulous Sound, Mirror Spock and Dr. Ebbetts CD's, as well as any others that offer superior sound to the official releases. Can anyone recommend what "homemade" discs have the best sound?

2. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Chris,

I believe the answers are in the threads!

Bob :)

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Buy the MFSL vinyl and copy it to cd. Don't support those con artists out there. Those crooks are stealing peoples money.

4. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

I am not buying them, I have some trades lining up and am looking for info on which ones sound the best. I try to trade for these things rather than buy them. I have, however, bought a few Mirror Spocks and they are great.

5. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

I suggest you get the straight MFSL transfers from Japan. Do not trade for the HDCD encoded discs, lots of crappy booming bass.

6. Matt

Matt New Member

If you get CD-R copies, you may want some EQ work done on them, like -3 dB at 10k cycles. Actually, you may want to play around with that yourself, but just so you know, there is definitely a treble boost you'll need to tame.

7. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

The treble boost is more noticaeble on With The Beatles and A Hard Day's Night especially IMO.

And for Magical Mystery Tour, the MFSL's are fone until you get to side 2, the last 3 songs (Penny Lane, Baby You're A Rich Man and All You Need Is Love. All fake stereo.) Search out the German Apple Lp for these in true stereo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.