What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's almost impossible to find a Youtube clip without a forced advertisement prior.

2. John54

John54 Senior Member

The hotels.com ads with "Captain Obvious" are uniformly goofy and annoying.

Andrew likes this.
  3. The latest Honda ads that encourage taking on 3-5 years of car payments over a sub-$100 repair. :facepalm:

4. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

The Kid Rock - Chevrolet commercial. Not only does the one "verse" have absolutely nothing to do with the chorus, the fact that Kid is trying his hardest to ape Bob Seger makes it sounds like a cheap tribute act.

Unfortunately, this commercial is aired 20 + times during every Tiger baseball game on Fox Sports.

halfjapanese likes this.
  5. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Any State Farm commercial where the agent magically appears. Come to think of it, any State Farm commercial. I'd expect better from them.

6. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Me too but I use my DVR. I don't watch anything live except for PBS.

7. Why?

8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

State Farm can do whatever they want in their ads - they've always treated me extremely well as a company! :)

9. Oatsdad

What ads are those?

10. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Because they've always done well by Oatsdad!

11. Oatsdad

That's a great reason! :D

Seriously, I wouldn't equate "great company" with "great commercials". If you rely on clever ads to pick something as important as insurance, you get what you deserve! :)

12. Good question. Maybe connected with the old days when the grade school music class could involve everyone learning to play the recorder. The connection was already there in the late 60s, when a "with it" TV program about a high school, called "Room 222" had that sound in its theme music.

13. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

One thing I do find amusing is when the commercials trying to sell you prescription drugs (with more than half of the commercial dedicated to warnings about the drug) alternate with commercials from lawyers urging you to join class action suits against drug manufacturers. Please tell me again why we legalized ads from lawyers and prescription drugs?

OldSoul and 56GoldTop like this.
  14. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

I am fine with the ATT commercials ..

http://cdn.niketalk.com/3/3f/900x900px-LL-3f343d90_jxhTcJ4e1e9bvCu.jpeg

halfjapanese likes this.
  15. Michael

seems like they are amping up the disgusting commercials during dinner...wish I could get in touch with the program directors who infest the TV during dinnertime...

16. Michael

17. Michael

I have a wife who loves the local news...I love my wife so I deal with it.. she's a great woman...

18. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Amen!

Speaking of which, ahem... ...I love how they often list "death" as a possible "side effect". Yeah... as if that will clear up and go away...

DLant likes this.
  19. Michael

that's the best part! if there ever was an oxymoron in a disgusting commercial that's it!

56GoldTop likes this.
  20. One is the guy with the broken sunroof is the rain, the other is the girl with the A/C that only runs on high. Their fix is to run out and buy or lease a new Honda.

I've fixed the A/C issue on my mom's Nissan for less than $50.

21. Oatsdad

Makes sense to me. When my car runs out of gas, I just go buy a new one - seems easier that way! :D

22. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Here in Upstate New York we are starting to get the usual yearly barrage of political attack ads. These are the most irritating commercials in the world, in my opinion. I don't care what your politics are, and no I won't elaborate further on that other than to say I think all sides would agree that the political attack ads are annoying and insulting to the intelligence of any rational human being.

JerolW likes this.
  23. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

The "that doesn't look like a Buick" commercials, especially when the old lady croaks, "That's what I told him." Makes me want to scream. And yes, it looks like a Buick.

24. Michael

Hmmm, I haven't seen that one yet! thanks for the warning.

25. Michael

yes, we are flooded down here as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.