What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Never thought of that one. But I agree, they still look like chit. Always have, always will.

2. Muzyck

I think we have a winner here. Never realized that this was Kid Rock. I thought it was just some annoying talentless hack hired to provide a clichéd soundtrack for Chevy. Just stick sharp pencils in my ear, why don't ya?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Grand_Ennui and Mark E. Moon. like this.
  3. AJH

AJH Senior Member

The Discover Card commercial about frog/fraud protection. Absolutely stupid.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  4. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

We're getting a DVR again on Friday! I'm so excited to be able to skip all this again!

5. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Berocca energy drink ads with the motivational speaker.

Dish Network ads with the stuffed kangaroo of indeterminate gender.

6. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

That's who that is?? Figures! Every time I hear it I am reassured that I have made a good decision by never buying another GM product again. This song just sounds like the white-trashiest white trash that I've ever heard

7. Muzyck

Marie Osmond...

I looked in the mirror and I saw what I didn’t want to see. The truth. I was 50 pounds overweight. It was a rough day

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Karnak and RockWizard like this.
  8. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Lately......MORE AND MORE OF THEM. Too much dumbing down. My candidates - Cox Cable, AT&T, and before Shark Week, the batch of those.

Just thought about this one - there is a law firm who is giving clients a "break" and only taking 19%. Shame they can't come out and say how much they REALLY screw their clients.

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I dunno if commercials are any more "dumbed down" than they've ever been. Ads have always been pretty idiotic...

10. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

AGREE! I see/hear this and the latest Luna commercial six times per game during broadcasts of my home team. Now I know where the mute button is.

11. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

12. misko

misko Forum Resident

Trying to watch the latest pharmaceutical commercials and having the network evening news interrupting them.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  13. Muzyck

I could really do without the dancing robots in that Cadillac commercial. Damn car is ugly and no number of dancing robots can change that.

14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

T-Mobile announced today the "framily" plans are gone. I hope those damn commercials are gone too. One of the dumbest set of commercials I have ever seen.

15. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Sprint?

16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Yeah - Sprint. See how effective their ad was? I can't even remember which company it was for. :laugh:

17. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Yes, that's another Apple one. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it-actually find it a bit creepy...

BGLeduc likes this.
  18. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

The DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket "most powerful fan" ads. Especially the one where the guy is tearing up the pavement while he talks about how he'll watch the game under the table while having lunch with 'my lady.' You can only hope she sticks a fork in his hand and dumps him on the spot for being such a boor.

19. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Not real fond of the Japanese luxury car ad touting the backup warning/braking capability. The lady is backing out of her driveway and can't see a freakin' school bus, so the car has to brake for her. How can you miss the biggest, yellowest thing on the highway?

20. geralmar

geralmar Forum Resident

A couple of decades ago there was television commercial for one of the major brands of peanut butter. In it, a woman shopper in a supermarket aisle demonstrated the freshness of the product by taking a jar off the shelf, unscrewing the lid, and sniffing the peanut butter. The advertising agency eventually realized the appalling implication, and hastily inserted the sound of a cash register ring just before the woman opens the jar.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  21. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

The CBC fall preview commercials on any station I turn to. "Are you ready, Are you ready!!!!"...... Rush for the remote and mute.

John B Good likes this.
  22. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

here's a very amateur(and pretty darn funny) parody of a commercial that grinds my gears

McLover likes this.
  23. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

This recent commercial makes me laugh and cringe, both at the same time, as the guy's replies are funny, but the wife makes me want to scream.

24. ^ Wish I had some of whatever she's smoking.

25. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I hate when they cram advertisements inti every related to a sporting event.
    " This first down brought to you by Mentos, the freshmaker"

"This pitching change is brought to you by McDonalds, Im lovin it"

DOES EVERYTHING need a sponsor? Really? Even when the game is on they are still force feeding you sponsors and ads. Just stfu already and talk about the game.
    How much longer until we see sponsors on uniforms? Its already been done in NASCAR and several other sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.