What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The commercial for U2's new album is pretty annoying, IMO. The Edge is leaping in the air with his legs tucked under him, and smashes his guitar on the ground at the end. Wonder where they came up with that. Someone should tell them how ridiculous they look, but I don't suppose they care. They'll look ridiculous all the way to the bank.

Jimbo62 and misterdecibel like this.
  2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Currently - the Esurance commercial where the woman is "playing" candy crush". Idiot in action. And that clueless son of hers...... Local attorneys - shameless ambulance chasers to the lowest degree. Hingle, Bart, Womac are the main culprits. And of course......closer we get to November..... the mudslinging ads. Nothing makes me grab the remote than THAT! Can't wait until it is over!

Another one that just aired - the Cox commercial where the woman is calling for help due to her internet being done. The "booger" looking guy is TOTALLY clueless and non-caring. You have NO internet...you should call somebody. JERK!!:cussing:

MikaelaArsenault and Michael like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the latest bodily medical commercial...seems they covered the human from head to toe! I hate them passionately.

4. Michael

yea they all suck! BUT, they are doing their job obviously...we're discussing them...bastids!

5. Michael

their Insurance sucks as much as their commercials!

6. Michael

private parts should be kept private!

7. Michael

yes, but they have great prices on Car insurance...

8. Michael

do you remember the days when most of this was not on TV? those were the days when the media had some respect for their viewers...now they are pigs, filthy pigs...adding insult to injury they run some of this crap during the dinner hour!

EdgardV likes this.
  9. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I hate those UPS ads....'The Gunderman Group is growing...."

I wish The Gunderman Group a speedy demise.

McLover likes this.
  10. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

Opinion
    It's rare that a commercial doesn't annoy me. But the worst ones are the loud ones, and especially ones with a lot of music. Also ones that have someone pretending to be SO excited about the topic, they are yelling and talking overly rapid.

Old Tactic
    I used to watch PBS just to get away from the commercials. And yet, while PBS is better, they've changed. They now have self-promotions that are almost as bad as the commercials on commercial TV.

Idea
    I wish the TV manufacturers would add another button/function to the remote. Next to the mute button, they should include a half-mute, or 3/4-mute button. Because now, if I mute the commercials, I look down to read something, or look away to speak with someone, and miss when the program returns. A partial mute would be very helpful. Plus if there actually WAS a commercial worth paying attention to, you might notice and choose to turn the volume back to normal.​

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    GuildX700 likes this.
  11. The Sprint commercial with the four women screaming at the top of their lungs because one of them is getting a new I-phone. Sweet suffering Jesus! I wouldn't take one if they gave it to me after they subjected me to that.

Jimbo62 and rockclassics like this.
  12. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

TitleMax got your money, your money, your reeeeaaalll money, HAHA!

McLover likes this.
  13. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

That creepy guy in the Trivago commercials. There are new commercials and good news that go along with them: he now is wearing a belt.

GroovinGarrett and rockclassics like this.
  14. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Sarah goddamn MacLachlan.

15. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I just freaking hate all the insurance company commercials - starting with Progressive, State Farm, and Geico.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  16. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Progressive Insurance. Flo must go, especially when it is singing Flo. She makes mute buttons get worn out and FF buttons on DVR wear out. 99.9% of Lawyer ads too must go. 1-877-Kars-For-Kids the worst ever ad. Why can't these be on tape carts (so occasionally one could get munched on and eaten)? While we are at it, Jared can go. Especially that shrill singer of "It Can Only Be Jared" who needs to go work for McDonalds and quit singing.

ffracer and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I think they play Dire Straits "Walk Of Life" on those Farxiga commercials just because "Farxiga" sounds like "Farfisa".

Mark E. Moon likes this.
  18. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Where do I begin? Well, I'll start with the ones that come on about drugs all the time, and all those side effects you can get with them, including suicide and death. Really nice sandwiching these horrid things in between whatever programming you're watching. When I was a kid the worst thing we had was the merry "plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!". :D

19. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I almost never see commercials any longer. Never watch broadcast TV, don't have cable, have ad-block on my computer. No commercials when streaming from Netflix or Amazon Prime. The advertisers hate me, but I hate them too so it's all good.

20. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Yes, and along the same lines is the ones from "Cancer Centers of whatever" where they go on and on about how wonderful it is to fight cancer and win. And then on the screen is written (quickly) "You should not expect these results". How is that even legal?

21. chodad

chodad Hodad

Rob Lowe and his alter egos. I actually like his creepy alter egos better than the real thing.

Jimbo62 likes this.
  22. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

"The Missing Ford"

23. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Any and all of the car commercials shown during football games. :realmad:

24. John54

John54 Senior Member

Another series of commercials that is long past its best-before date is the 'nextissue' ones, which (I think) is for online magazines.

25. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

The Bosley hair replacement ads.

The debt consolidation ad with the little green "Debt suckers".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.