What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, I just saw that one today...I thought it was her...I paid no attention after that...

2. Ok ok ok....the new Taco Bell commercial with the greasy looking wanker and his girlfriend running into her dad on the street advertising "rolled tacos".....you mean taquitos taco bell? I think so.

3. I love this thread. My girlfriend gets tired of my commentary

MikaelaArsenault and Michael like this.
  4. Michael

we do not.

5. drmaynard

drmaynard Well-Known Member

I think the implication you are making is that there is a mystical time ("Dinnertime") which is universal and, during which, your mind experiences heightened sensitivity to what you feel disgusting. Ignoring the (sadly all-too-common) idea that sexual matters are things which have any connection to disgust, one really wonders how disgust is related to "dinnertime".

6. Michael

Dinnertime: between 5PM-7:30PM around these parts...not a time for those kind of commercials.

7. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

The FIAT commercials

jerol

8. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Any fragrance commercial with a heavily accented french girl whispering the dialog.

jerol

9. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Sonic's "Chicken Judge" commercial. Irritating as hell.

10. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

For Canadian audiences .... there's a series of commercials for a cable TV hockey package starring Mark Messier. He's always wearing this stupid, demented smile - it's kinda creepy especially when he intrudes into someone's home and plocks down on the couch with a family or between a couple watching a hockey game.

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Any auto ads with hanging light bulbs:

[​IMG]

I've seen the exact same motif in GMC, Buick, and Ford Fusion ads. I don't know why ad execs seem to be in love with that particular image.

MikaelaArsenault and McLover like this.
  12. Pretty much all McDonalds commercials...especially the newest holiday one with the kids wrapping presents and the dad comes in with NUGGETS. Awwww, how sweet.

mrjinks and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  13. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

1991-2004. If Bob had been destitute, flat broke and busted, that one song would've set him up for life :)

14. Jimbo62

Jimbo62 Forum Resident

Any "local" car dealership ad on radio or tv. It seems the louder and more obnoxious they are the more you're gonna get screwed by them.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. Hey, I'm eating here!

16. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

You don't like seeing sluts shake their swollen distended bellies to celebrate the coming of Jesus? I truly believe that KMart execs hate Christmas and want to make everyone miserable this time of year with their unfunny, stupid, unclassy crap ads. I stopped shopping there after last year's ad where guys were shaking their junk to the tune of a Christmas carol.

17. Went through the last few pages and saw no mention of this one, so it must just be me, but geesh it's annoying.

The Geico series featuring Salt n' Pepa "Push It". If I were in the market, I'd refuse to buy this based entirely on this ad campaign.

18. It's painful

19. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I agree this one really sucks. I saw it last night but just never got around to posting it here.

20. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Are these those commercials where they two duffuses are in a car talking back and forth about nothing? Yeah, I dislike those too (or as well, if that be the case). Wish they had had a MVA on the way to the Sonic and never arrived . . . .sheeeeesh

21. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

22. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

American Family Insurance commercials with Russ Wilson.

Intel commercials with that Big Bang Theory guy.

23. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

If you're on Charters cable system they've been running a couple of commercials for their service for the last few months that I can't stand! Its a long, weird musical-type commercial that they play incessantly that includes a "jingle" with their telephone number. Everytime it starts I hit the mute button!

MikaelaArsenault and McLover like this.
  24. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Try listening to The Paracast...

25. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I saw this one multiple times over the past week and I hate it.

I got buns. Who wants to see my buns?

Uh, no thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.