What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. druboogie

druboogie Maverick Stacker

1-877-kars4kids k-a-r-s-kars 4 kids

effing YUCKaroo.

Spitfire, McLover, Bill and 2 others like this.
  2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

It is execrable.

3. bradman

bradman Forum Resident

Farmers' Only.com with the talking dog

Also known as No-One of Color.com

4. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

That new commercial for Drambuie with a girl behind a drum kit is weird and annoying at the same time. Fortunately, it is a very short commercial.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

So now it's 5 months later, and I've since cut out the news as well. NO TV. Therefore, no commercials. No commercials, one less thing in life to be annoyed about.

6. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

the passages malibu commercials......I think they are following me around on the TV

MikaelaArsenault and Grand_Ennui like this.
  7. misterdecibel

The Today Show had a segment this morning with some media consultant guy to showcase the "Top 3 Commercials of 2014". All three were awful.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

Watching the bowl games on ESPN with Chromecast....they show two commercials on a constant loop:

1. The "Turn Down for What!" AT&T commercial

2. The new Madden ad with Kevin Hart "rapping"

Ugh.

9. bradman

bradman Forum Resident

Any of the new Buick ads, especially the one with the people spying on the neighbors.

10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

What were the Top 3 Commercials of 2014?

11. misterdecibel

I can only recall two - one was a Budweiser ad with a dog and a horse, and one had a bunch of soccer players playing indoors and smashing a trophy case (can't even remember what product they were advertising). I fergit the third, or perhaps I've blocked it from my memory.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

More proof that advertising works. :D

13. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I really hate to be insensitive, but the networks I have been watching in the last week or so have been giving me an overdose of starving children and freezing puppies. I really get it, I do. I like dogs and children, but I can do without the reminders of how much the world sucks every 15 minutes.

MikaelaArsenault and Grand_Ennui like this.
  14. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Kelloggs with the Annie tie-in.

jerol

15. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam

You guys make me thankful that for the occasional moment of PBS, I don't watch TV. :D

On the other side of the coin, I used to work in advertising (radio). The pupose of advertising is introduce you to a product, and to make you REMEMBER it. And if you truly HATE a commercial, it worked.

Ring around the collar, anyone?

16. MrTim

MrTim Forum Resident

Most are annoying except I can't get enough of the Duluth Trading Companies commercials they are funny as hell. Love the buck naked under ware one.

17. rockclassics

Not necessarily. I have known people -including myself - who will not buy a product because of its sh**** commercials.

18. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I HATE THAT CRAP!! They run these spots repeatedly hoping to "guilt" you into sending money. Hate to change the channel but........

19. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

That one has impressive production values. You should see the one that is airing in my neck of the woods. Looks like a public access PSA put together as part of a junior high school project. I give it a C-. Total manure.

MikaelaArsenault and McLover like this.
  20. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Any commercials that sell life insurance. I hate those.

21. ALL KFC COMMERCIALS.

22. rockclassics

The Tamiflu commercials. I am missing the point of the giant person with the flu. They need a new stunt - this one is getting old.

23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I'm pretty sick of the insurance ads featuring "Flo", the reverse mortgage ads with Henry Winkler, and the William Shatner ads for the law firm Hupy and Abraham...

24. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

So, so many... It's too early and I'm already aggravated/exhausted from shoveling snow this morning, so I'm not going to think too hard for examples (yet).

So off the top of my head, I'll say the State Farm one where the person without the SF insurance sings way off key something like "I don't have insurance, so please find me money." I hate these commercials so much that we're now shopping around for a different insurance company (we have SF). How is it that these are so terrible, but the Jake from State Farm commercial is pretty great?

rockclassics likes this.
  25. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

The Nissans-in-the-halfpipe ad... The red cars in the halfpipe doing snowboarding tricks and skidding around the announcer. I couldn't find a link to it, but that's a good thing. You don't have to watch it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.