What commercials grind your gears?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by throbbin tower, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceblossom

Iceblossom Member

I have a couple of commercials where I instantly change channels, but fortunately for me, I am not remembering them off hand. But I have a couple of complaints -- the long Humane Society ads. We get all of our pets as someone else's problems... that goes for the two dogs, the two cats, the bearded dragon, the rosy tarantula, and the gecko. The only living beings in the house that were truly chosen are my hubby :) and his Sonoran Gopher Snake. All others were rescues (including me I suppose). But the Humane Society ads drive my hubby almost to the point of tears and they last SOOOO long, so even when we switch to another show, in checking in we still get sad pictures. I know... it is supposed to motivate us, but we are already motivated by 30 years of pet ownership of always taking in rescues. We spay/neuter do all we can, we donate pet food for the elderly project out here, but we can't stop stupid in this world.

The other thing that annoys my husband more than me or commercials touting/spoiling what will happen in the next episode while we are watching the current episode. Plus the shows (Discovery is probably the worst) where the first 5 minutes of the show is previewing what we will be seeing in the next 50 minutes.

Finally, west coast tire chain Les Schwab currently has an ad about a "kit-ten" that is trapped in a car. The obvious self-conscious enunciation of the Ts is so annoying and the hubby and I have started doing it as a joke any time we have a tt word. I know, I was in performing arts and English as well, we have to be careful not to "we swish you a merry Christmas" and all that, but when they say kit-ten 27 times, I'd be glad to hear a kiden by accident.

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Even worse than that are the ones where they preview the next segment before every commercial break. Then after the commercial break they show a summary of all that has come so far.

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Yeah that State Farm ad with the two women in the store deciding what to buy with their discount. That ad really sucks and they have been playing it over and over and over.....

4. rockclassics

I want the woman that says she doesn't wear underwear to prove it. :D Yes I am a dirty old man.

5. rockclassics

And speaking of going commando.....the toilet tissue ad about being such good toilet paper you'll want to go commando. Yeah....right......

6. Pretty much any Mountain Dew commercial or Taco Bell. Make me want to bash my head against a hard surface.

7. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

This ones kinda funny.

RickH likes this.
  8. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

The "what are you wearing Jake from State Farm" pretty much sucks.

PlushFieldHarpy likes this.
  9. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I'm currently hating the one that advertises a pneumonia vaccine in "just one pill". And it shows the guy do ONE pushup, then walk off like he's a bad#SS, and the woman do ONE yoga position and then drop it and saunter off in slow-mo. So lazy. If someone wants to be lazy, then great. But nothing comes easy in life. I hate most of the designer pharmaceutical commercials.

10. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

ARBY'S....WE HAVE THE MEATS!!!!!
    (followed by what sounds like the 1st note of "Double Barrel" by Dave & Ansil Collins.)

11. rockclassics

And most of the time they are advertising a fish or chicken sandwich. WTF????

McLover and geo50000 like this.
  12. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Corona Light - "Cha Cha Cha"
    Idiotic noises with a totally off-key "singer".
    This isn't the commercial, but they use this 'song'.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  13. rockclassics

The mattress commercial where the guy walks into the bedroom and says to his wife....I'm getting the band back together.

14. rockclassics

Another one I just saw a couple of minutes ago.....the one with the woman running around with a huge bottle of (I guess) champagne and is spraying everyone with it. What the hell are they advertising??? :shrug:

15. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

The T-Mobile "framily" ads were WTF enough... now we have the new pink-splashed ads with bearded and tattooed morons screaming and posturing like this douche:

[​IMG]

16. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

The Coneheads version is funny.

17. rockclassics

They need to take those advertising dollars and spend them to improve their network. If you are not in a major city, the statements they make about their network speed and reliability are all lies.

18. rockclassics

The first few times......then it gets old.

19. rockclassics

I have decided that it is the narrators voice that really bugs me about these commercials. QUIT YELLING AT ME DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

geo50000 likes this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

21. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Them G.D. ads about toenail fungus, friggin' gross. And any ad that has the line, "Ask your Dr. if..."

MikaelaArsenault and BadJack like this.
  22. chodad

chodad Hodad

The anti-smoking ads. People talking through their neck and other gross outs. Nobody wants to see that.

MikaelaArsenault and RickH like this.
  23. townsend

townsend Senior Member

All the British Petroleum commercials trying to win back the public after ruining the Gulf of Mexico, its U.S. coast, and its economy, not to mention the unnecessary deaths of eleven oil rig workers.

24. I agree they're disgusting, but if they convince one person to quit smoking, then I'm in favor of showing them.

25. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I watch pretty much everything on delay so I can skip the ads. It's probably increased my lifespan by 5 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.