What ever became of....? Actor and Actress who you don't see anymore.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ghostworld, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

She has been doing a lot of TV work for the last decade. She will also feature in the upcoming Netflix "Punisher" series.

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Oh good. At least she's still acting and I figured all this time she wasn't.

3. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Whatever happened to Joyce Dewitt from Threes Company ? Don't think I ever saw her again after that show.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. She was my favorite Law And Order ADA.:love:

5. Classicolin

Classicolin ‘60s/‘70s Rock Fanatic/Crown Kingdom Guitarist

Fred Savage primarily works as a director and producer now - and quite prolifically - with credits on episodes of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (19 episodes, director - and producer), Modern Family, 2 Broke Girls, Boy Meets World, Drake & Josh, Friends with Benefits, Party Down, Phil of the Future, The Crazy Ones, Happy Endings, Ned's Declassified, That's So Raven, Hannah Montana, and Wizards of Waverly Place.'

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

According to IMDB, she barely worked for more than 10 years after "TC" ended. She then did a TV movie in 1995 and nothing else until 2000. She did another project in 2003 and then nothing until 2009.

She's been more active since then - nothing I recognize, but 7 projects from 2009 to date.

Not sure if she was out of the business by choice or because she couldn't get work. I'd guess the former - De Witt is enough of a "name" that she could get some work if she wanted, which she's demonstrated by her revival the last 8 years...

7. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

I think you're right. She'd have more work if she wanted it. I heard Adam West (RIP) on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast and there's always a role if you're willing to relax your standards. He did a ton of stuff just to keep working. If you're not picky, I think you can always find something.

My parents watch a lot of Lifetime TV movies, and that seems to have become a goldmine for actors you may not have seen in a while. Nothing award winning as far as quality, but nice, formulaic little stories to entertain people.

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think she did a lot theatre work. I used to see local ads for her appearances back in the early 90's.

I don't recall any of the "Three's Company" regulars working much after the show, other than Ritter's short lived spin off. I was much younger back then so I could be misremembering or I just wasn't looking out for them.

9. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

Norman Fell was at the tail end of his very long career when he did TC, but he probably made more fans from that than from all his previous work combined. He was just a wonderful actor that I'm glad he got the fame and recognition he deserved by making Stanley Roper a sitcom icon.

Susanne Somers did Step by Step and became a thigh master legend.

John Ritter was always working although not necessarily in tv series. He would probably still be working if he hadn't tragically died so young.

eddiel likes this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

Has Matt Frewer or Bobcat Goldthwait acted in anything recently?

11. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

I've seen Matt Frewer most recently in Orphan Black, but that was a couple seasons ago.

12. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

Bob Goldthwait is directing more than acting. Check out his movie from a few years back, "The World's Greatest Dad" with Robin Williams.

13. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

Advanced age and general nuttiness may be the reason but I miss seeing Rip Torn.

14. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Amanda Donohoe. Her careers seems to nosedive vertiginously after she returned to Britain.

15. MikaelaArsenault

Thank you very much. :)

16. jjhunsecker

jjhunsecker Senior Member

Fred returned to acting with a starring role in the recent Netflix series "Friends from College" with Keegan Michael Key and Cobie Smulders

MikaelaArsenault and Classicolin like this.
  17. danner

danner Forum Resident

Yeah Bobcat has had a real career turnaround as a director. Call Me Lucky is one of the best documentaries I've seen in recent years.

18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Because of the movie version of "It" being in the news, I came across a news item yesterday (the 14th anniversary of John Ritter's passing) of Joyce DeWitt being cast in a play somewhere. So she is working.

As for John Ritter, Kaley Cuoco (Penny from The Big Bang Theory) yesterday posted a tribute to her TV father on Instagram. John Ritter was working on "8 Simple Rules....." when he died. He was also star of "Hopperman" and "Hearts Afire". Then there were the "Problem Child" movies, Sling Blade, Bad Santa, etc....

MikaelaArsenault and eddiel like this.
  19. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Richard Chamberlain wanna be.

20. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

Is Kate Jackson still active? Ditto Jaclyn Smith (outside of promoting her fashion line)?

21. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Stephanie Zimbalist :love:

GoodKitty, guppy270 and soundboy like this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

23. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Yes, Kate (love of my life in college) is still around. I don't think she's doing a lot of work. She did have a bout with breast cancer, but I guess she's clean.

Steve...O likes this.
  24. John was excellent in Sling blade and Bad Santa. He really demonstrated his acting chops in those two movies.

25. MikaelaArsenault

How about these people?

Richard Moll

Charles Robinson

Marsha Warfield

Markie Post

Ellen Foley

Harry Anderson

Any of them been in something recently?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.