What have stores used as DVD/Blu-ray demo discs (for sound) over the years

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Joel1963, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member Thread Starter

When my brother and I were interested in a new home theatre (pre-Blu-ray), one electronics store used a battle scene in Mel Gibson's The Patriot as a demo— you could almost feel the impact of the bullets.
    Nowadays. my local Best Buy uses a scene from the latest Total Recall — where the futuristic car lands hard — to demonstrate the qualities of the Sony 3D surround sound wireless headphones. They use another film, where villains are shooting golf balls at a helicopter — but I don't know which movie that is.
    My local Wal-Mart currently uses a scene from The Life of Pi to demonstrate the qualities of an LG soundbase.

Any others?

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I seem to recall that Gravity was nominated for Best Sound and may have even won, so that'd be a pick for me.

In the early days of Blu-ray, I can remember one of the James Taylor concerts shot in HD being widely used as a music demo -- it was extremely well-recorded.

3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Wasn't there a WOW DVD available pre-BluRay that was extremely well reviewed, contained THX_ Trailers, THX_ Home Theater set-up, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.