What I listened to this past weekend 020701

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DanG, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street Thread Starter

Peter Gabriel Shaking the Tree

Little Feat Down on the Farm

Roy Orbison A Black and White Night

Rod Stewart Never a Dull Moment

Paul Simon One Trick Pony

2. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

Simon & Garfunkel "Live From New York City, 1967"

I got ahold of a promo CD of this title, about three weeks ago. I've been listening to it, off and on, since then. While I have other live recordings of them...this will do, for the mean time.

Though it's not on here, something you should track down is the extra verse version of "The Boxer".

Anyway....the liner notes say it was recorded January 22, 1967, Philharmonic Hall, Lincoln Center, NYC, in support of the "Parsely, Sage, Rosemary Thyme" album.

This promo doesnt have any comprehensive liner notes or exclusive photos or packaging of any kind, that will be on the official release.

Here's the tracklisting...

"He Was My Brother", "Leaves that are Green", "Sparrow", "Homeward Bound", "You Dont know Where your Interest Lies, "A Most Peculiar Man", "The 59th St. Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)", "The Dangling Conversation", Richard Cory", "A Hazy Shade of Winter", "Benedictus", "Blessed", "A Poem on the Underground Wall, "Anji", "I am a Rock", "The Sound of Silence", "For Emily, Whenever I may Find Her", "A Church is Burning", "Wednesday Morning 3AM"

3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Grant-Lee Phillips Mobilize SACD

Marshall Tucker Band - 1st LP Vinyl

RadioHead Amnesiac 10" double vinyl

Jorma Kaukonen Unreleased 3-song unreleased from Blue Country Heart Sessions

Patricia Barber Modern Cool SACD

Mott The Hoople All The Young Dudes Aboslute Analog vinyl

Santana Zebop 1/2 speed mastered vinyl

Mahler's 1st Symphony - Leonard Bernstein and the NY Philharmonic SACD

4. Sound

Sound Member

Well my mp3 software kept merging my first 2 discs into the playlist. (11 hours - 150 songs by 150 differant bands, each disc) So I looked at the list of 300 songs and figured, if you can beat them...I hit play sometime Saturday. nice..
    Forgive me if I don't list all 300.

And PA-002.

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Donny Hathaway - A Donny Hathaway Collection ( I forgot to mention DH in the "vocals" thread, but I should have. Come to think of it, I should have mentioned him in the "Reissue Wish List" forum as well.)

Frank Sinatra - The Capitol Collector's Series

A couple of custom Who CDR's (my "Ultimate Collection")

Al Green - Greatest Hits DVD-Audio

The rest of my audio weekend was taken up by "The Kids Are Alright" on VH1 and the dulcet tones of my powerwasher blasting three years of crud off of my deck. :eek:

Regards,

6. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was

The Who "Who's Next" and "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy" Canadian issues as mastered by Steve.

Having ordered these a while back, they arrived this weekend..spookily just after John Entwistle passed away. So I've been listening to them as my small tribute to the great man...

In addition, I've been playing the Elvis/JXL "A Little Less Conversation" on CD single (I just love it..it rocks...cash in or not!)

Also playing Mercury Rev "All is Dream" yet again (saw them "live"in London at Bowie's Meltdown Festival on Thursday).

Gotta put that wallet away now or I'll be in trouble!!! Having said that, today I've picked up the Velvet Underground and Nico Deluxe Edition (but it was purchased using a birthday gift token so I have an excuse for this one!)...

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.