What is "Fulfillment by Amazon" return policy

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by 12" 45rpm, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident Thread Starter

I want to buy a used integrated tube amp from Amazon. The ones I found cheap say , "Fulfillment by Amazon". If I don't like the sound compared to my current amp, can I return for a full refund? Or does it have to be defective to get full refund? I am not in habit of returning things, but with audio stuff one never knows how it will sound..

2. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Fulfillment by Amazon is a program whereby 3rd party sellers ship their items to one of Amazon's warehouses. Amazon then takes care of the packing and shipping if and when someone buys the item. Such items are usually eligible for Prime shipping, and they carry Amazon's own return policies, customer service, and so on. (In exchange for all this convenience, Amazon takes a pretty good-sized cut of the purchase price before sending the remainder on to the seller.)

3. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks. So does this mean I can return it if I do not like how the amp sounds?

tmtomh likes this.
  4. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

That I can't answer. Normally with FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) items, you can use Amazon's automated online return system - if you go into your order history and find the order, there should be a "Return this Item" button. There are a number of reasons you can select, and I've never had a situation where the system rejected my reason or made it impossible for me to return the item. They might even have something like "product did not live up to my expectations" as one of the return-reason options. If so, you should be able to select that one and be good to go.

But again, I can't guarantee, and I've never returned something that heavy to Amazon for that kind of reason. However, I would think that if Amazon's system lets you process the return and spits out a printable return label at the end of it, then you should indeed be able to pack it up, slap that return label on it, and send it back for a full refund.

12" 45rpm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.