What is the 'crown jewel' of your music collection

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bherbert, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

Image is blocked for me. Curious, what is it?

jhl1822 likes this.
  2. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

ELP-Love Beach

Malina likes this.
  3. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

This is the literal crown jewel of my collection... :D

[​IMG]

And several other jewels in my collection that may or may not be jewels to only me... :)

4. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

All of my albums.

bluesky likes this.
  5. blackdograilroad

blackdograilroad Forum Resident

The innovative British folk-blues guitarist Davy Graham- I have one of his personal copies of Folk Blues & Beyond (1965) which he signed

ted321, Raunchnroll and marmalade166 like this.
  6. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

As far as records I probably couldn’t replace, these three in this order:

Frank Ocean Blonde
    Doves Last Broadcast
    CRB Betty’s Blends Vol. 2

Gaslight likes this.
  7. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Box set: Elvis Presley The Complete Masters (30 CD with silver gilded hardcover book and signed autograph by noted Elvis producer/historian Ernst Jôrgensen. First edition, numbered and signed, limited to 1,000 copies.

Single CD: Percy Faith The Music Of Christmas Expanded Edition (Real Gone edition from last year of the greatest Christmas instrumental album ever recorded from 1959.

Both of the above recordings ironically feature the stupendous remasting of noted restoration engineer Vic Anesini, done in perfection at Sony Battery Studios in N.Y. The Percy CD sold out immediately last year, but hopefully will have another print run this year before the holiday season begins, so I highly suggest purchasing that one early before the second printing runs out. Of course, Elvis's Complete Masters also sold out immediately and now fetches ridiculous prices on the secondary market, but I have not seen a signed copy of the first edition for sale at any price in a long time.

Both of these beauties would be grabbed immediately in case of fire threat as they were last year when one broke out and surrounded our town for a few weeks.

panasoffkee likes this.
  8. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

if i find one, leave it alone, or try to peel off the sticker (cover)
    i would probably leave it alone huh??

9. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

There’s a feeling now that so many have been peeled that Second State butchers are becoming rarer than Third States (those that have been peeled).

Raunchnroll likes this.
  10. 86mets

86mets Counting Crows #1 Fan

I guess my newest "crown jewel" would be the latest live CD by Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband signed at their show last Saturday night...of course the fact that my wife's and my picture are front and center in the booklet may have something to do with it...:-plnktn-:

11. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I have Eric Clapton's autograph in a tour book somewhere. I used to have all the Dire Straits Brothers in arms band signed in my tour book, but I gave it to my cousin. I had an Autographed copy of Cheap Trick One on One, it got sold. Bonnie Tyler Faster than the speed of night autographed, sold it. I have an autographed picture of Earth wind and fire somewhere .... I guess what I'm saying is I'm fifty, and I like my stuff, but it's just stuff ....
    The most important thing in my collection is my guitar i guess

12. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

My several signed Al Stewart cds.

deredordica and klockwerk like this.
  13. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

I have to add my DCC Court & Spark CD to the above. :love:

14. I wasn't planning on proclaiming the Led Zeppelin II RL as my crown jewel but I happened to play one side of it the other night. I listened to some of it intently and it sounded amazing as always. Then I sort of listened to it at a lower level as background music while I did something else. It still sounded so good that it actually distracted me from what I was doing and I had to listen more intently again. I couldn't get away from it. It's too powerful. The grading is no better than VG/VG+ but it's just incredible. Most recorded music will never sound like that. It is a treasure.

tmtomh and sjaca like this.
  15. Dmhall

Dmhall Member

An original copy of John Fahey's Blind Joe Death. There were something like a 100 copies pressed. My dad was friends with him high school, so he ended up with one of those copies.

fenderesq, sjaca, riverrat and 5 others like this.
  16. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Crazy that its so rare that no one has even added it to Discogs yet, you should do it ;^)

17. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

There are plenty of releases not added to discogs. I don't have any as rare as this album, but I have a few release variations not on discogs (and they are mainstream stuff). I got one the other day: it's a Waylon Jennings CD.

18. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

The Beatles mono box
    The Kinks mono box
    The Rolling Stones new 1971-2016 box

19. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

The Beatles 1982 "Blue Box" EP box set. Mint. Scored for $50 in a book store in backwoods MA. :)

That and probably my original Queen Innuendo LP I found in a hole in the wall thrift store in Connecticut. Shock of my life. Best 20 bucks ever spent. :D

Frank Field likes this.
  20. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Well-Known Member

My autographed copy of Dennis Wilson's "Pacific Ocean Blue". I've been a huge Beach Boys fan for 20 years and although it may be a bit sacrilegious, I prefer Dennis Wilson's solo work to his brother Brian's solo work. I'm actually a huge DW fan.

(New to message forums and couldn't figure out how to share uploaded photos directly, so can't post photo of it)

fishcane, marmalade166 and WhoTapes1 like this.
  21. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

A stone mint copy of the original Japan ‘The Who Sell Out’ lp.

Gumboo and marmalade166 like this.
  22. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

Island Pink Rim of Nick Drake's Pink Moon.
    WLP double RL of Led Zeppelin II.

tmtomh likes this.
  23. westcoastkid

westcoastkid Forum Resident

Giraffe - The View From Here original first release CD
    N.R.G - No Reasons Given LP

24. FarcicalEpiphany

FarcicalEpiphany Forum Resident

I have a Japanese mini LP of Tales From Topographic Oceans signed by Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire and Alan White. I got the Anderson signature in 2004 and the other three in 2012. I also have Drama signed by Geoff Downes, Howe, Squire and White.

SimonSaysCake and deredordica like this.
  25. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

These days I could pretty much part with anything but my Die Form and Darkthrone CD's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.