What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I laughed a lot watching this movie.

My vote goes to the only movie I walked out on because it was so bad (unfunny): Howie Mandel's Walk Like a Man.

Fullbug likes this.
  2. You'll still like The Straight Story I'll bet. That said I don't know what to make of folks who don't like Lynch. Even at his most misguided (Inland Empire) he comes through with brilliance, even if only at the last minute.

3. Oh! Finally we can agree on something. I almost lost hope for you. :cheers:

4. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Mars Attacks, 1996

With Batman v. Superman not too far behind.

5. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

The Blair Witch Project :crazy:

I purposely watched this in the basement with the lights off , surround sound on, expecting to be scared sh!tless. Time I will never get back!!!!!!!!!

Fullbug and barnaby like this.
  6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's probably the way to go - I lost hope for myself sometime around 2nd grade! ;)

7. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

@lightbulb you make some valid points, especially as regards the OP's first post. I don't know that I've even read it, I took the thread title literally.

I added my own biases when I criticized only films that had talented people working on them and plenty of money, yet still managed to put out an absolute garbage film and when I chide people who choose films that were never intended to be "good" at all.

Those choices still irk me, but neither is something the OP ever mentioned or cared about.

As far as films that people just don't like, that they feel wasted their time and really disappointed them - I hestitate to do that cause for me it would include films that I know are either solid or at least worthwhile - I walked out of Glengarry Glen Ross and if I hadn't been forced to sit through it for a film class, I would have done the same for Apocalypse Now. And I could probably come up with a few others.

lightbulb likes this.
  8. Anois

Anois Forum Resident

Eraserhead

9. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

The Straight Story is a wonderful movie.

Lightworker and Hutch like this.
  10. EProphet

EProphet Forum Resident

I'm sure Seth Rogen appreciates your concern(and you spending money to see his tripe) even more !!
    [Insert insincere emoji here]

11. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Second worst: Rabbit Test

12. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

This showed up on my Amazon Prime today - I can't say it's the worst, cause I haven't seen it . . . yet ! It sure has one of the greatest titles ever:

[​IMG]

"Haruka and Wakana are hot young female Tokyo Police detectives. Together, they foil international conspiracies that threaten the free world! A group of terrorists plot to set off a nuclear device in Tokyo, posing as sexy female beach volleyball players. Haruka and Wakana must wear their bikinis and pose as beach volleyball players too, in an attempt to apprehend the terrorists and save the world!"

Trailer [totally gratuitous and probably NSFW, but with really cool them song]

Fullbug, Rufus McDufus and Shak Cohen like this.
  13. Azura

Azura Felis silvestris grampia, factum ex trabibus ferro

To really fit the bill for me it has to be a movie with big stars and a big budget. Same as the worst actor has to be a big name actor (Sir Sean Connery, come on down). So for me Get Shorty 2 which followed a good #1 has to be the worst I have ever seen. The sub plot about the girl singer and her band really makes me wonder about casting couches...

14. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Trial of Billy Jack

geoffr likes this.
  15. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

It's funny that you say that. I was thinking of Billy Jack not long ago. Those movies were kind of a big deal then but you never see them on reruns. I was wondering why. Maybe because they sucked. (who knows? they were out 40 something years ago)

Fullbug likes this.
  16. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

The Born Losers and Billy Jack were not bad, but Trial was a three hour bore.

McLover likes this.
  17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think you're referring to "Be Cool", which was the sequel to "Get Shorty". I saw it once when it first came out, and like you, found it terribly disappointing. I don't even remember much about the plot. Who was the girl singer?

18. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I was watching something called CONFIDENTIAL AGENT (1945) on TCM the other night. It starred Charles Boyer, Bacall, Lorre, and a super villainess. But I wondered how a movie so bad could be made along the same lines as Casablanca (1942), just a few years later.

19. biggerdog

biggerdog Senior Member

I watched for a few minutes. It's definitely a top contender. Maybe I'll finish watching the next time I get a few beers in me.

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The bottom 100 according to IMDB user ratings, I've managed to avoid all of them except for maybe 15 minutes of Battlefield Earth.

IMDb Bottom 100 - IMDb »

The Lowest Rated Movie list only includes theatrical features. Shorts, TV movies, and documentaries are not included. The list is ranked by a formula which includes the number of ratings each movie received from users, and value of ratings received from regular users. To be included on the list, a movie must receive ratings from at least 1,500 users.

21. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I watch most of my movies at home on a dvd player. If it doesn't catch my attention in the first 30 minutes I just eject it and go do something else. I can hardly ever remember watching a "bad movie" all the way through.

barnaby and Deuce66 like this.
  22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

the last Bond movie really tested my patience, the Craig era is now over and I can say that they batted .500

23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I've seen about 8 of those....

Birdemic
    Dracula 3000
    Epic Movie
    Alone in the Dark
    Gigli
    Laserblast
    Troll 2
    Date Movie

24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

How bad were they?

25. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Laserblast was terrible, but it had some fantastic cover art

[​IMG]

mark renard and MikaelaArsenault like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.