What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Titanic. 3 hours wasted.

2. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I enjoyed Dragonball Evolution but I went into it with no expectation that it would be like the anime. While I didn't think it was a great movie, I did enjoy some parts of the movie. I liked the interaction between Goku and Chi-Chi, and I also liked that they made Bulma somewhat useful in an actual fight.

But it goes far afield from Dragonball. Part of the problem is that they tried to put too much into one movie. If you take the entirety of Dragonball that is more than 600 episodes...and still growing.

That's what I liked about the movie: It was just so incredibly dumb.

Saw it on video, don't remember much about it. Seemed to have an interesting opening song but that's about it.

I enjoyed it, but they stretched out the end far too much. I think they could have reduced the ending by 30 minutes via editing without losing much.

Saw the MST3K version and I didn't think it was bad. Maybe it didn't fully work but I've seen much worse.

I think the problem was that they chose the wrong roles for the leads. Akroyd would have been better as the normal person, and Belushi as the crazy one. I saw Neighbors but didn't enjoy it.

Saw it, was okay with some of the humor.

I enjoyed High Anxiety before seeing any of the Hitchcock movies, and enjoyed it more once I saw them so I could get some of the jokes I didn't on the first viewing. I think it is better than Brooks' later movies.

The opening of the movie (explaining how the intelligence of people dropped) is so perfect...and seems to be becoming more and more believable.

What stood out for me is that it seemed to be a Hanna-Barbera production. One of the Kiss members was dubbed by an actor (I think it was Michael Bell) that we've heard in many cartoons.

3. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I really like High Anxiety. I always enjoy it with fruit cup.... ;) I think it's one of Mel's better films.

Zep Fan and sgb like this.
  4. sgb

sgb Senior Member

My award of a "Like" is based on the assumption that your statement is tongue-in-cheek.

I have this fear that if I'm sent to hell my punishment will be that I will be compelled to watch Mel's films and Dave Letterman reruns continuously.

5. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I won't say it's the worst movie I've ever seen but it's definitely up their in the Worst Movie-going Experience. Interminable is a good description for this one. I probably fell asleep 3 or 4 times and every time I woke up, the damned thing was still going! Elaine's reaction to the film on Seinfeld was dead on.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  6. Rachael Bee

You might have to take the like back. I really do like High Anxiety. I don't much care for fruit cup. :)

sgb likes this.
  7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Crud - that sounds pretty good to me! :shrug:

Drifter likes this.
  8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You secretly love fruit cup - you just live in fear that Nurse Diesel will deprive you of it! ;)

9. Rachael Bee

I loved fruit cup until I saw the movie! ;) I beg to differ with ya, but I'm Nurse Diesel's worst nightmare. :buttkick:

Oatsdad likes this.
  10. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

By the way, I was referring to The English Patient. Identifying it in my post probably could have helped.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

did you like this?

12. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

I feel like people who didn't like this movie, might also enjoy Carl's Jr.

Synthfreek and Lightworker like this.
  13. Michael

there were parts I enjoyed but so many I didn't and we all knew the ending...the romantic edge sank the movie period!...best part of that was Kate's breasts....

Pete Puma, LeBon Bush and Karnak like this.
  14. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

You may like 'Jude' (1996). Only have it here on VHS, slow moving but more thoughtful film than 'Titanic'.

15. Boy Blue

Boy Blue Forum Resident

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Pete Puma likes this.
  16. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

No, hence my movie going experience. Maybe some day I might take a second look but it's not a priority.

17. Michael

I was luke warm on this so was my wife...

18. Michael

thanks I'll look into this tile. : )

19. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

note: it's incredibly depressing

Michael and Karnak like this.
  20. Michael

thanks for the warning...

21. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

According to a The Night Gallery episode there is a room like that in Heaven and the same room in Hell. For some people the room you mentioned (where you "watch Mel's films and Dave Letterman reruns continuous" for the rest of eternity) is a place in Heaven :D and for others its a place in Hell.:yikes:

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  22. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

23. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

Ha! more like, Endless Patience.

24. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

If I'm not counting the horror genre, then this one ranks right up there.

25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

In the last three years? Probably, "The Shape of Water." The key phrase being "that I watched," because if it hadn't been an Oscar contender, I never would have finished it (I finished it in two parts, as it was, out of irritation).

Karnak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.