What is the worst film you have ever seen? (Pt. 3)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Harry Nilsson's theme tune is great - I know it off by heart. :)

I've never seen the film.

ajsmith likes this.
  2. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Has Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park been mentioned yet?

3. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

thanks for this, I am laughing so much its attracting attention in the office

4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

DON'T! Harry does not redeem this movie.

FriendlyRanger and Siegmund like this.
  5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Well, it wasn't "just" a claim. He dumped to collect a bet against himself and drive up his odds in the backroom games. And, yes, he actually thinks Eddie would be proud that he had done so. That's why he's taken aback that Eddie's upset and wants a "real" game. Hey, I'm doing it just like you showed me!

6. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

My Own Private Idaho - Maybe the only time I've walked out of a cinema.
    Plenty more I wanted to get up and leave to... Robin Hood [Costner], Ave Ventura, The Bodyguard...

Some are so disappointing, they feel like they are the worst movies ever made. Usually sequels to great films or just stuff that get's hyped but then turn out to be tripe:

Oceans Twelve
    Indiana Jones and The Crystal thingy
    Drive
    Gone Girl

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I liked "O12" a lot more the 2nd time I saw it. 1st time, I expected something closer to the tone/spirit of the original, but 2nd time allowed me to better appreciate it on its own, and I thought it worked pretty well...

8. NightGoatToCairo

What's 13 like?!

9. Smokin Chains

Smokin Chains Forum Resident

When my little 5 year old nephew was in day care, the worker thought it would be a good idea to put this on for the kids. He thought it was hilarious because she was freaking out after 5 minutes of the movie and realized that it wasn't a kiddie movie haha.

10. Smokin Chains

Smokin Chains Forum Resident

And the worst movie I've seen, at least recently, was Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice. I was shocked how awful it was.

How does such a piece of junk get through with such a huge budget attached? I really had no clue what was going on most of the movie.

Morton LaBongo likes this.
  11. NightGoatToCairo

Tough to watch anything with Affleck in!

Smokin Chains likes this.
  12. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I absolutely loathe the films of Wes Anderson, from ROYAL TENENBAUMS forward. I hate these movies so much I want to vandalize the screen. If there's an artistic "virtue" I cannot abide, it's Cute'N'Precious , and everything about his movies is Cute'N'Precious, from the man-child protagonists to the diorama sets to the anachronistic technologies and forms of travel and communication. The pauses in the dialogue make me want to scream "LINE!" in the theater every five seconds. These are the movies that the characters in PORTLANDIA would watch. Or make.

That said, that the guy gets movies made his way in today's IDIOCRACY Hollywood is some sort of miracle, so more power to him. I mean, at least they're his. He's not a commercial hack or anonymous grinder.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    kevywevy likes this.
  13. Oatsdad

It's a "bounce back" if you want the "O11" format.

It's kinda like the way "Temple of Doom" was a departure from "Raiders" but then "Last Crusade" restored the "original formula".

"O13" isn't as good as "O11" but it's a fun ride...

14. NightGoatToCairo

Raiders>Temple>Crusade! :hide:

15. Oatsdad

Then you should prefer "O12" to "O13"! ;)

Whether one prefers "Last Crusade" to "Temple" - or "Back to the Future 3" over "BTTF 2" - these still fit the same pattern. 2nd film offers clear deviation from 1st, 3rd film "brings it all home" to give us a film that strongly echoes the tone/spirit of the 1st.

You could throw "Empire" and "Return of the Jedi" in there as well! :)

16. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I liked it. I'm a little insulted that you think it's aimed at 14 year olds. I feel at least as mature as a 17 year old. :D

17. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I liked it too, but only for the first hour, then I just got tired of it. Judd Apatow makes two and a half hour movies are are just a half hour too long for their own good. Seth Rogan and James Franco apparently learned from the master and now make ninety minute movies that are just a half hour too long for their own good. This is progress, I guess. Maybe they should have learned from Paul Feig instead?

Pinknik likes this.
  18. irong

irong Forum Resident

I don't know if anyone else has seen Singularity (2017) with John Cusack? I rented it a couple of months ago despite the bad reviews (I'm a huge sci-fi/anticipation fan) and it pretty much took the no 1 spot in my list of worst english-speaking movies. The acting is laughable, the story makes no sense whatsoever, and it takes itself sooooo seriously you can't even watch it for sarcstical enjoyment (like The Room or old Ed Wood flicks)

Otherwise, the worst film I've ever seen is El Paseo 2 (2012), a colombian ''christmas blockbuster" with John Leguizamo. There are no words to describe how awful this movie is. Nothing in that movie makes sense, at all, story-wise, as if it was cut and then edited randomly. It's suppose to be funny but everyone is so unsufferable you end up wanting to punch every character in the face. It's the kind of thing you show to film students to teach them exactly what NOT to do in every aspects of filmmaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.