What is the worst film you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dreamwhip, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamwhip

dreamwhip New Member Thread Starter

Talking about films others (critics, general public, etc) that an individual wouldn't like, I for one didn't like E.T.

This could really could reflect brilliance I don't know, but as a teenager, I saw the film "They Shoot Horses Don't They?". It gave me a tension headache, and I ended up getting sick because of it. Just made me so physically exhausted watching it. I thought maybe it was just something I ate prior, but watched it again, and had the same thing. In college, I took some film courses, and that was one of the required viewings, I skipped it and told my professor why. Really, watching a movie should be an enjoyable experience, even if a depressing film, but this sure wasn't it for me. I could honestly say, I hate this movie.

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Can't remember the title, but a few years ago I saw this movie starring Gwyneth Paltrow as an airline stewardess that was easily the worst movie I have ever seen.

3. Ooooh, another one: 'Til There Was You with Jeanne Tripplehorn, Dylan McDermott, and Sarah Jessica Parker. This sad attempt at a romantic comedy should be shown in film schools and acting classes for clear lessons in unrealistic dialogue, ridiculous staging, poor casting, overacting, inept injections of "heavy" drama or slapstick, poor editing choices, inability to create dramatic tension or momentum, etc, etc, etc...

With this and the crappy (but not all-time awful) If Lucy Fell under her belt, SJ Parker must have slept with some very powerful men to get her career back on track...

4. Walk Like A Man - I walked out on that dog.

Now the award for a recent potentialy great movie that was let down by an incredibly unsatisfying ending goes to "No Country for Old Men" - what a waste.

5. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Whoa! "Dogma" is among my least favorite Kevin Smith movies. I loved "Chasing Amy" ... it's probably in my Top 10.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

doesn't he always? No matter what I stand by my Woody comment.

7. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

Same here Ivan

8. Michael

agreed...just miserable and insulting.
    a pile of doo doo...

9. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Let's not forget Aerosmith doing the Diane-Warren-penned "love theme". That, alone, was enough to ruin it for me.

10. Michael

View from the Top...

11. That one (View from the top) is a guilty pleasure for me and my family, but a masterpiece it isn't. :D

12. magick28

magick28 New Member

did anyone have the misfortune to see "snakes on a Plane" or "Nacho Libre " ?These look like some of the worst movies ever made,same with "borat"

13. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

The one with Eric Bana :(

14. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

terrible indeed!

15. MerlinMacuser

MerlinMacuser New Member In Memoriam

Regarding No Country for Old Men....although you may not have liked the movie, it was very true to the book by Cormac McCarthy. His writing is usually stark and sharp edged and people talk in his books just like they did in the movie.

I really liked the ambiguities in the movie...(no spoilers here) and they gave my wife and I many hours of enjoyable speculative discussion. She's a psychologist and an expert on human behavior. We've hashed and rehashed the ending so many times now.

His masterpiece book, in my opinion, is Blood Meridian: An Evening Redness in the West. His Pulitzer Prize winner, The Road, is coming out as a movie this year starring Viggo Mortenson with Guy Pearce.

If you guys want to see a good, bad movie (or maybe it's a bad, good one) check out my movie: The Northville Cemetary Massacre. Seriously. It's huge in Germany, or so I'm told! It's listed on Blockbuster online! Michael Nesmith wrote the soundtrack.

16. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

My picks would be "Napolean Dynamite" and "Jumpers". both awful beyond belief.

17. Mr Alden

Mr Alden New Member

Escape from L.A.

18. "Alien Warrior" (I worked on it and when I saw the finished product...let's just say I put my head waaaaaaay down when my name popped up in the credits).

It makes "Glen or Glenda" look like a masterpiece.

19. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

And worse scene in a movie goes to E from LA when he is riding the wave and then hops off of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe its because I love Airplane!, but Airplane 2 comes close to being a total ripoff of the original, and it really is a bad film.

20. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Xanadu. Words fail me.

21. Another Steve

Another Steve Senior Member

"American Beauty," my wife concurs, yeah, I know it won Best Picture. Hollywood... go figure.

22. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member

I am SO GLAD I've not seen many mentioned!

A few I rented and turned off (I've learned):

Punch Drunk Love
    Royal Tennenbaums (or however it is spelled)
    Closer

It's amusing how many in this thread would be in my favorites list!

23. wildchild

wildchild Active Member

Annie Hall, Matter of fact any Woody Allen film.

24. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Transylvania 6-5000

25. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Jurassic Park
    That Bill Cosby spy/action/comedy movie from about 20 years ago, Leonard something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.